stump licker

Discuss your weapon of choice for hunting. Discuss problems or rants and raves about gear you use to get that trophy mount!

Moderators: GoodOyster, bodysnatcher, Cr0ck1, Iluv2hunt

stump licker

Postby bellyacher » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:38 pm

stopped at tractor supply a few months back and they had a bunch of hunting stuff on clearance. they had some stump licker marked down to $1.99 regular price $19.99. so what the heck Ill give it a try for that price. Now I wish I had bought several gal. jugs. I poured out about 1/4 of the jug on a pine stump that was 12"-14" tall and about 8"-10" across. Went back a few months later 'last weekend' and to my suprize the stump was mostly gone and eaten several inches into the ground. Now this was not a rotted out stump it was still hard. Pics don't really show it that good,but they tore it up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bellyacher
Second Class Scout

Re: stump licker

Postby Iluv2hunt » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:08 am

Other than coons, they are not touching our mineral blocks.
Soggy Bottom Hunt Club
Iluv2hunt

Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Postby sam03 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:19 am

how long have they been out?
Iluv2hunt wrote:Other than coons, they are not touching our mineral blocks.

I put some out couple years ago and they would eat the corn near it but not touch the block. 2-3months later they were hitting it hard. I put out a bag of mineral salt back in January same thing didn't touch it till around March-April but tore it up once they started hitting it. I'm not sure why they wait but as long as they are eating it I'm going to put some more out. I put out some of the "juice" stuff from walmart when it was on clearance and the hogs loved it. Now sure if the deer really got a chance to try it. lol
I like animals, they are tasty!
sam03
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Postby Iluv2hunt » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:43 am

January
Soggy Bottom Hunt Club
Iluv2hunt

Postby lamehawk » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:50 pm

just go to a feed store and get molasses and crushed corn mix it together
BYOB = Bring your own bait!

http://myworld.ebay.com/shad_85

Just in my camper!
lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Postby 9dawgs » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:26 am

bellyacher wrote:stopped at tractor supply a few months back and they had a bunch of hunting stuff on clearance. they had some stump licker marked down to $1.99 regular price $19.99. so what the heck Ill give it a try for that price. Now I wish I had bought several gal. jugs. I poured out about 1/4 of the jug on a pine stump that was 12"-14" tall and about 8"-10" across. Went back a few months later 'last weekend' and to my suprize the stump was mostly gone and eaten several inches into the ground. Now this was not a rotted out stump it was still hard. Pics don't really show it that good,but they tore it up.

Holy smokes! :eek That looks like poison ivy all over there. Better be careful around that stuff. It'll eat you up.

Iluv2hunt wrote:Other than coons, they are not touching our mineral blocks.

We put mineral licks out in a couple of spots in Feb up in Live Oak, not sure what they're doing to it now but they didn't touch it for at least the 3 weeks we were back up there. Need to check in again to see whats going on with it. The squirrels ate the heck out of the corn though. Should be some healthy ones up there by now and squirrel ain't a bad meal! :chef
Jim<><

9dawgs
Junior Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Postby bellyacher » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:38 pm

9dawgs wrote:
bellyacher wrote:stopped at tractor supply a few months back and they had a bunch of hunting stuff on clearance. they had some stump licker marked down to $1.99 regular price $19.99. so what the heck Ill give it a try for that price. Now I wish I had bought several gal. jugs. I poured out about 1/4 of the jug on a pine stump that was 12"-14" tall and about 8"-10" across. Went back a few months later 'last weekend' and to my suprize the stump was mostly gone and eaten several inches into the ground. Now this was not a rotted out stump it was still hard. Pics don't really show it that good,but they tore it up.

Holy smokes! :eek That looks like poison ivy all over there. Better be careful around that stuff. It'll eat you up.

naw, ill lay down and take a nap in it. It has never bothered me. when I was a kid I got payed good to clean fences cuz I was the only one in the hood that it didn't bother
bellyacher
Second Class Scout

Postby Iluv2hunt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Wait till it does bother you one time..I used to be the same way.
Soggy Bottom Hunt Club
Iluv2hunt

Return to HUNTING GEAR & EQUIPTMENT FORUM