Zone B starting to heat up

Discuss your Deer Hunting here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Zone B starting to heat up

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:26 pm

I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:06 pm

I'll say you've got that camera in the right spot! There's a couple of nice ones coming by. What are you puttin' on the camera to get 'em to lick it? Or is it just the deer being curious?
I noticed the spike that came in at about 2:20 on the video, headin' to the right on the screen, looks like it is peein', like a doe. Am I not seein' that just right? Check that out :dtect
These are great videos! Thanks for sharin' them!
Treefarmer

born2hunt
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by born2hunt » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:52 pm

I've never run my cameras on video mode. That is way better than still shots.

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:40 am

I've got tot say you might be running a close second with treefarmer's food plots. Never ran a camera on video mode before but this might be the start of several new threads. I have noticed there is a lot of deer pooping of film and didn't realize they did as much as they have around a scrape. This has potential of good year round threads. Weather it is around a scrape or just a feeder.I'm ready to go get some footage.

:saluting
Bossman

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:05 am

I have to say this camera has done well on video mode. I only made a youtube video on the 10 second clips that were interesting. There were tons of videos where it would pick up a deer way in the background, so it's got good sensitivity. I was also amazed at the amount of does coming to this spot. There were countless pics of single doe and groups passing thru here. This is like a little finger of hardwoods and there are trails coming from 3 directions, intersecting right here. There is a big oak with limbs hanging low and there was 5 scrapes under this one tree. Since the first camera run it's wet in there so there were 2 scrapes still active. I have the camera on a little scrubby spindly tree (only place to put it). Early into the camera run I had a deer nose it and push the aim away from the scrape
I walk my dog out here and she is with me when I set the camera. Believe it or not, I have had does sniffing the camera and in the scrapes within 30 minutes of me and the dog leaving...

I will definitely be putting this camera on my lease, set up high and aimed downward on a couple of my hotspots. I pulled the camera for now. Heading to my lease for the weekend. I will put it back out next week
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

spazhogdog
Junior Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by spazhogdog » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:59 pm

I really am impressed with the video mode and am going to try it the week.
You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts. Reality is not a democracy.

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Post by JBUG308 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:29 am

Thanks for sharing this. Awesome video.

Return to “RACKS AND WHITE TAIL FORUM”