Gator hunt 2013

Discuss all your Gator Hunting here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

fishindad
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Gator hunt 2013

Post by fishindad » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:41 pm

Its that time of year. The first set of tags were ready to roll. As each year passes, I get more and more excited about gator season. Not just the hunt, but the get together and even the afterwards tanning etc. This year has been no exception. While frustrated that I did not get my Lake Handcock tags this year, I was and still am looking forward to a new lake.

The first stop was one of the STAs. Fingers crossed and we headed out. Despite a LARGE series of breakdowns set-backs... we got there. It was one of the most successful hunts ever. 4 gators... under 2 hours. No I am not kidding. It was crazy. I am sure it will never happen that way again. But for now... I will revel in that. :-) Lake Hatchneha was a different story. Two nights, no joy. The first night... Mother Nature was brutal. We were covered in bugs soaked and eventually came in. Night number 2 was beautiful, but even though we had 7 chances, we could not seal the deal. Regardless, it was a great few days and I am still in cleanup mode. Flat tires, lost trailer license plates, broken wiring, transmission problems, GPS going out... nothing stopped us. It was worth it.

Good times. I just cleaned all 4 skulls from the original hunt and cleaned up one from last year. There is more to do... skins to tan and knives to make. I enjoy the whole process. Although, the wife enjoys it better when all the taxidermy stuff is done. :-)

Enjoy the pics.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Gator hunt 2013

Post by houseofmicah » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:55 pm

Very cool!

sam03
Ordeal

Post by sam03 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:35 am

Nice work!
I like animals, they are tasty!

Star Scout

Post by 30.06 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:48 am

good deal fishindad! one of these years i have got to put in for tags!!!
OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS

Return to “THE DEATH ROLL FORUM”