Handgun in the Boat

Discuss all your Gator Hunting here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

eaj1010
scout

Handgun in the Boat

Post by eaj1010 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:32 pm

Does anyone know if it is legal to carry a handgun while gator hunting? I was told today that it is illegal. I am going to contact FWC tomorrow, but was just curious. Thank you in advance.

EJ

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Handgun in the Boat

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:41 am

That's my understanding as well but never followed up on it with FWC. No weapons in the boat other than the bang stick, that includes concealed carry. Let us know what you find out.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

eaj1010
scout

Post by eaj1010 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:11 am

My buddy emailed FWC and this is their response "If you have a concealed weapons permit, it is legal for you to carry a concealed weapon while hunting alligators" He is keeping that email in his boat for the remainder of the Alligator hunting season.

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:13 pm

eaj1010 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:11 am
My buddy emailed FWC and this is their response "If you have a concealed weapons permit, it is legal for you to carry a concealed weapon while hunting alligators" He is keeping that email in his boat for the remainder of the Alligator hunting season.
Well that's good to know. Good idea on the email thing too. Always good to have proof. I had to do that at the County Clerks office one time when the clerk told me that retired military doesn't qualify for the military gold hunting/fishing license. I had to set him straight...

Return to “THE DEATH ROLL FORUM”