Lake Hancock - No joy

Discuss all your Gator Hunting here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

fishindad
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Lake Hancock - No joy

Post by fishindad » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:29 am

Went out last night to the Lake. Lost about 9. For some reason we just could not get hooked up. !st time in 4 trips we have come back empty handed. They are really getting skiddish out there now. Thats for sure.

Fishindad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

H60mech
scout

Re: Lake Hancock - No joy

Post by H60mech » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:41 pm

Well that sucks, better luck next time!

Sharkhog
scout

Post by Sharkhog » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:17 pm

I think we are going back out there this week and trying again. Hard place to grab one.
Not sure if I would rather be locked up with a 12 ft shark or helping dogs pull down a big ole hog.

trapper dan
VIP MEMBER

Post by trapper dan » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:16 pm

Man you guys have been on a roll this year I figured you come back with a monster. Is there to much vegetation to hook one or are they just coming loose ?

fishindad

Post by fishindad » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:26 pm

The vegetation is ok. Just seems like this past time we could not get that initial hook set. It was pretty disappointing. There is still some time left. But its really getting shorter.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

trapper dan
VIP MEMBER

Post by trapper dan » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:29 pm

I got ya well I hope you fill that last tag, stay with em. Good luck to you guys.

Sharkhog
scout

Post by Sharkhog » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:07 am

A guy that fishes there commercially gave us advice. If it works I will share it with you. Will know by Wed.
Not sure if I would rather be locked up with a 12 ft shark or helping dogs pull down a big ole hog.

fishindad

Post by fishindad » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:58 am

BTW... I talked to a really nice person over at Majoney's the other day. She and I talked about that wall. She and her husband hunt that lake alot. Said that over the years, she has tried but never been able to get them over that wall. They will strip your line before you can get the harpoon in them.

Some history on that wall.... Apparently the property behind it used to be private. The guy sold it to SWFTMD. They were supposed to remove that wall this year and never did.

Looking forward to your info Sharkhog. Go getum this week!

Sharkhog
scout

Post by Sharkhog » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:20 am

I talked to another guy and Red Robin owned it. It baffles me that Swift Mud bought it and we still are not allowed to go behind that wall. We did have a 13 ft'er wore out and almost got him from that wall after a few hours of feeding him and using the peg. We ran out of bait finally as we were getting him almost to the barrier before he spit it out. So close. Going tonight unless something goes wrong again. Will let you know how we do.

Return to “THE DEATH ROLL FORUM”