Box stand build

Discuss your weapon of choice for hunting. Discuss problems or rants and raves about gear you use to get that trophy mount!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Unlucky
scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Box stand build

Post by Unlucky » Fri May 31, 2013 10:02 pm

We have bought some shipping containers from Mayflower Movers in the past for around $45. They were plenty big enough for two people to sit in. We reinforced the floor and you have to cut windows and a door in them. I am not sure if they still sell them but it is worth a call. I attached a pic of our porta-potty stand just for kicks, glad to see we are not the only ones.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

karlyk
scout

Post by karlyk » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:50 am

found this on craigslist- ocala

Hunting Blind - $495

Hunting blind deer stand
New hunting Stand blind with panoramic gun ports
7 1/2' tall
Door is 41" wide and 6' high
Pressure treated 2x4 framed plywood floor
T-111 siding and galvalume metal roof
Fits in the back of most pickup trucks
$495
Watch the video below on how this blind is built
http://www.buildyourown-huntingblind.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Box stand build

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:33 am

Cool but half the price is the platform. I can build one like that for 225 bucks.

Sent From Cr0ck1' IPhone most likely from the woods.

bellyacher
First Class Scout

Post by bellyacher » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:39 pm

check out redneckblinds.com
Be polite, be professional, BUT have a plan to kill everybody you meet

sam03
Ordeal

Post by sam03 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:58 am

Not mine just saw it. looks like it was built for shooting out of. hay hut - $475 (dunnellon)
I like animals, they are tasty!

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:29 am

sam03 wrote:Not mine just saw it. looks like it was built for shooting out of. hay hut - $475 (dunnellon)
Haha, this one looks cooler! Of course it comes in pink as well. Man, $475??? :eek What were they thinking?

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:47 am

9dawgs, that reminds me of one of the Duck Dynasty episodes where Phil and the little granddaughters modified a playhouse with a chainsaw and made a shooting house! Treefarmer

sam03
Ordeal

Post by sam03 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:41 pm

I was thinking the same thing when i post the hay hut...no door but i have a chain saw!!!
treefarmer wrote:9dawgs, that reminds me of one of the Duck Dynasty episodes where Phil and the little granddaughters modified a playhouse with a chainsaw and made a shooting house! Treefarmer
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nts7PzqrHdM[/youtube]
I like animals, they are tasty!

TimE1
Patrol Leader

Post by TimE1 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Go to home depot or lowes or a electrical supply store and get some uni-strut. You could make a decent size box blind that bolts together for under $200. Build it at home take it apart and put it back up at your lease alot easier to deal with than wood and will last a long time.

wingshooter
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by wingshooter » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:17 pm

we have a few moblie shooting boxes at our place. boxes are built out of plywood and then bolted to a small trailer. very easy to move around the property with an atv or small tractor.
Member of the Florida Road Hunting Gang...No License, No Season, No Limit !!!!!

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:28 pm

Anyone ever used pallets to build a stand? I'd think you could gather enough of them free from various places, and use them for walls and floors. Wrap it with some camo cloth or burlap. Some tar paper and thin OSB for roof, one piece of 1/2" ply for the floor on top of the bottom pallet(s). Knock out a few slats where you want your shooting windows. Heck, you could even use pallets to make a ladder or stairs up into it. Some paint or water seal, and it should last a while.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

FishOn
scout

Box stand build

Post by FishOn » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:04 pm

I've used roofing paper for siding before. Worked pretty good.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:40 pm

Got this from Sportsmans guide. The seat that came with it was an absolute piece of obamadung. I went and got a WalMart boat seat swivel. I had the seat already. A few self tapping screws and such and here we are. I also have a new stand on the way from them for a replacement to the order that was screwed up. I sold some stuff recently and have some play money to go go get an additional comfy 2 man ladder stand for me and jr...I am thinking of a Millenium 2 man stand
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:54 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:Image
Got this from Sportsmans guide. The seat that came with it was an absolute piece of obamadung. I went and got a WalMart boat seat swivel. I had the seat already. A few self tapping screws and such and here we are. I also have a new stand on the way from them for a replacement to the order that was screwed up. I sold some stuff recently and have some play money to go go get an additional comfy 2 man ladder stand for me and jr...I am thinking of a Millenium 2 man stand
I like it, how high is that thing? is it quiet? With a little camo burlap around the rail I could drag that all over the lease.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

bellyacher
First Class Scout

Post by bellyacher » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:28 am

Iluv2hunt wrote:Image
Bad thing about the millennium stands is there so comphy they will put you to sleep. Make sure you get the one with the bow hunting platform. If not it will have a tilting platform and if ya aint carefull were you step it will tilt forward and down ya go. and its a full platform were the other is not. make sure you have a gorillia with ya to put it up them two man stands or heavy going up and your back will sure know it.other than that and the tilt platform there a very strong,sturdy and comphy stand
Be polite, be professional, BUT have a plan to kill everybody you meet

Return to “HUNTING GEAR & EQUIPTMENT FORUM”