Box stand build

Discuss your weapon of choice for hunting. Discuss problems or rants and raves about gear you use to get that trophy mount!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

luth65
scout

Re: Box stand build

Post by luth65 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:58 pm

I bought 2 sets of 6 foot scaffolding with walkboards for $200. Ratcheted to 2 trees and a ground anchor. I will post pics next time I hit the lease.....Fits 3 adults and can actually have 2 levels to shoot from when I ad additional boards.

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:52 pm

Just came across these on CL http://orlando.craigslist.org/for/3945977612.html remove the plastic tank, turn one cage upside down on top of another, strap them together, cut out some shooting windows and wrap in camo burlap for a cheap/easy shooting house. I seen one somewhere on the web, they had it sitting on a 4ft platform.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Box stand build

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:51 pm

Literally caged up!

sam03
Ordeal

Post by sam03 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:52 pm

I put this one together for Abt $200. It's really comfortable to sit.

I like animals, they are tasty!

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Box stand build

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:51 pm

Nice!!

Sent from Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom.

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:47 pm

sam03,
I like that! I'm thinkin' a ground blind is probably in my future :crip . Miss Joy says I need to give up on the elevated stands, but I love to see what happenin'. Some angles cut on them main runners, would turn them into skids and you could drag it most any where. Looks like there is room for 2 chairs. That's a fine lookin' shootin' house :clap .
Treefarmer

sam03
Ordeal

Post by sam03 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:09 pm

Yep it's 4x6 so plenty of room for two. Picked up a pair of office style chairs from a buddy that was going to throw them out. They should be nice to sit in with arms and tilt backs and they spin and are on casters. Now I just need to pick up a rubber stall mat to put down on the floor to help keep the sound down. I'm thinking the next one I'm going to build on a 4x6 trailer so it's easy to move.
I like animals, they are tasty!

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:15 pm

sam03 wrote:Yep it's 4x6 so plenty of room for two. Picked up a pair of office style chairs from a buddy that was going to throw them out. They should be nice to sit in with arms and tilt backs and they spin and are on casters. Now I just need to pick up a rubber stall mat to put down on the floor to help keep the sound down.
An old peice of carpet will keep it quite.

:saluting
Bossman

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:25 pm

I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

born2hunt
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by born2hunt » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:06 pm

I had some steel left over from a job so I threw this together this pre season to have somewhere to sit with my kids. 4x5 deck 10ft to the floor. with a removable roof not in the pic. And its light enough I can drag it around by hand. Nothing fancy but not to bad for only about 50 bucks out of pocket.

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:31 pm

I'm impressed! Very nice, is it made of aluminum to make it light enough to easily move around? The roof is a necessity for them drizzly afternoons when ol' Big Boy is cruising for nannies!
Treefarmer

born2hunt
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by born2hunt » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:14 pm

treefarmer wrote:I'm impressed! Very nice, is it made of aluminum to make it light enough to easily move around? The roof is a necessity for them drizzly afternoons when ol' Big Boy is cruising for nannies!
Treefarmer
No its steel, the main structure is 1 1/2 angle, the braces, ladder and hand rails are conduit to save weight plus I dont have ply wood on the sides so that makes it lighter too. I built it to hunt an orange grove and the deer crossings are hard to pin point and are always changing so I wanted something I could take a young'n with me but still be able to move around any time I needed to adjust.

Return to “HUNTING GEAR & EQUIPTMENT FORUM”