Primos silver xp field wipes

Discuss your weapon of choice for hunting. Discuss problems or rants and raves about gear you use to get that trophy mount!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

gargoyle725
Second Class Scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Primos silver xp field wipes

Post by gargoyle725 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:33 am

Ok i did a test of these. I bought them to try because they say they eliminate smoke odor.
The test: no deoderant then work outside. I was smelling real bad.... I then used the wipe on my armpits. . I am real impressed they dont smell at all. These things work great. Now to shower and put on deoderant. Next i am gonna wipe down my lunch box. I have a friend who is real sensitive to smoke smell. She says it stinks so monday i will get a resmell.

Proud member of peta. People eating tasty animals
I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option
I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: Primos silver xp field wipes

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:03 pm

I need some for my posterior.
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:31 pm

I was wondering where you used them. In a pinch, or in case you gotta pinch one, they'd be better than leaves. Being that deer and hogs have a nose SO much better than ours. Even if we could eliminate scent from our bodies, clothes, and gear. We still have to breath, and will always sweat. We can REDUCE our scent but never eliminate it entirely. IMO scent control may be the most over thought and over spent $ thing hunters do. I'm sure they wouldn't hurt.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

gargoyle725
Second Class Scout

Post by gargoyle725 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:40 pm

They were cheap and i think the wind is more important. It is better than nothing I'm sure a deer can still smell me but they do seem to work as said. Better than i thought they would

Proud member of peta. People eating tasty animals
I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option
I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:50 pm

I gave up trying to outthink animals a long time ago. Turkeys won't fly off the roost to the east with the sun in their eyes, deer move uphill in the am & down hill in the eve, deer will always approach down wind with the wind in their face. YEAH RIGHT. Just when I thought I had them figured out they would do something THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO. I THINK they do as they please as the mood strikes them, not because the moon is in a certain phase. on a crowded lease or public land I believe it's easier to pattern the other hunters & set up around their locations and time schedules. I've seen plenty of hunters take game every year that don't wear camo, or paint their guns, & smoke in the stand and pee out of it. I do agree, work the wind whenever possible.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Return to “HUNTING GEAR & EQUIPTMENT FORUM”