Big Game FA200 Diamondback Harness

Discuss your weapon of choice for hunting. Discuss problems or rants and raves about gear you use to get that trophy mount!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

trouttouter
Troop Guide

Big Game FA200 Diamondback Harness

Post by trouttouter » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:56 pm

I picked up one of the new Big Game FA200 Diamondback harnesses from Amazon last week. I swear this thing is an exact copy of the Tree Spider harnesses, which my cousin has and loves. At any rate, I was sick of dealing with the harnesses I got with my stands and trying to put them on in the dark. Even when I wrote what part went where they would get spun inside out, etc. I was setting a stand last month and looked down and both of the leg straps on my Summit harness had fallen out of the buckle. Not a sight you want to see when you are 20'+ in the air setting a tiny hang on stand.

It comes with a nice lineman's strap (with an extra locking carabineer), a tree strap, and the suspension relief device. It is highly adjustable, which is great being that I am just a hair under 6' 7". I'll feel a lot better about getting into the tree next month with it on.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the makers of the Tree Spider harnesses (Robinson Outdoors) sue Big Game, unless they are the same company.

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Game-FA200-Di ... B00AU6D5RO

Big Game harness:

Tree Spider harness:

hunter1005
scout

Re: Big Game FA200 Diamondback Harness

Post by hunter1005 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:47 am

They look identical to me.

I bought a muddy harness recently. The choice was to either by another hs harness lightweight or the muddy. There was a $40 price difference between the size I need in the HS system and the Muddy. the Muddy was $75 plus and it is light weight . It came with some 2 decent carabiners which the HS does not, linemans belt and the saftety strap to relieve the weight just in case of fall. that was a good deal to me plus it had some nice ratings from various websites.

Return to “HUNTING GEAR & EQUIPTMENT FORUM”