game cam/memory card problem

Discuss your weapon of choice for hunting. Discuss problems or rants and raves about gear you use to get that trophy mount!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

swissk31
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by swissk31 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:13 pm

I have a couple cheap wild game innovations 2.0 cameras, I've had them three years and they have done their job. Told me what's around and kept working.

Last week a 4gb card was pulled from a gamecam and the last pic was just black. When i tried to down load the pics to the computer I had to use a different program to get around some error. When I tried to delete the black picture I got a can't delete message. I was able to delete everything in the camera in one swoop just not the black picture by it self. Well checked the same gamecam today and had some pics from sat. and two more black pictures it had different 2gb card in it. At first I thought the card was going bad, but since it is on a different card, I think the camera is the culprit.
I know their cheap but anything I can do? anyone had this happen to them?

They are on public land so I am not going spend a lot on a camera.

treefarmer
Ordeal

Re: game cam/memory card problem

Post by treefarmer » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:29 pm

I'm sure not one ask about cameras or computers, but if your pictures were during the daylight you might be running out of battery. Had some black pics and the tech from Moultrie said put in some new batteries and you should be good to go. He said the night time pics take more power and the battery gets down to around 50% it won't work at night. He was right in my case.
Treefarmer

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:34 pm

Try putting the SD card in a digital camera and deleting everything, then re-formatting it.

My one semi-working WGI camera now gives me a ton of black night pics once the batter bar drops by one bar. When this cam dies, this will be the last WGI item I will ever touch
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:44 pm

Reformat the card.

Wildgame will not get a dollar more from me ever.

Sent from my killphone.

swissk31
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by swissk31 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:01 pm

I am going to swap out the batteries tomorrow, but I don't believe that's it. The other camera when it gets low takes pics with no IR flash and you can still make out a few things. These black pics from this camera are completely black and can't be deleted singlely. I'll try all the suggestions maybe something will work. I am happy to get three years of pics with no one stealing them, not worth stealing.

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:31 pm

I've got the poogame (WGI) camera and have had Issues with the thing just taking black pictures and I had only had it a couple of months and gave up on it and tossed it in the back of the closet. My neighbor across the street had a 4 wheeler stole last night and I had to pull out the Poogame camera... After reading up on the web about the problem that they are having people said that it works best if the resolution is set on low and batteries are not less than 50% So I put it at my gate and what the hell if they steal it nothing lost if not and they come in maybe it'll work. Plus if the dogs do their job and at least bark... I'm Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock! Game on!!!

:gangsta
Bossman

Return to “HUNTING GEAR & EQUIPTMENT FORUM”