Turkey thug gobbler chair

Discuss your weapon of choice for hunting. Discuss problems or rants and raves about gear you use to get that trophy mount!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Turkey thug gobbler chair

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:41 am

This is Wal Mart's version of the cabela's gobbler lounger. Bass pro has their version also. This was discussed on another site and it was brought up that walmart has their own version (same exact chair with their logo's on it) for about 1/2 the price

I have the one from Cabela's. Just ordered 2 of these. If your store doesn't have hunting stuff in stock, you can do a site to store order with no shipping fees.!!!
I can tell you these things are comfy. I use mine for other things besides turkey hunting
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mossy-Oak-Tur ... r/22281732
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Kortsman
Star Scout

Re: Turkey thug gobbler chair

Post by Kortsman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:14 pm

That's Gangsta!

ArcheoGator
scout

Post by ArcheoGator » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:36 pm

They have about a dozen of these at one of our Ocala Walmarts. I picked up two since we are doing a family camping trip next week. Even if they don't help me get a turkey later this month, I figure they are more compact for camping purposes anyway. They also claim a weight limit of 300lbs, so they should be able to hold most of us larger guys here (even if they don't, you only have a few inches to fall :oops ).

ArcheoGator
scout

Post by ArcheoGator » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:32 pm

Quick edit here - the chairs sold online have a lower weight rating. The turkey thugs I picked up in store cost slightly more, but are rated for 300 lbs.

dadsahuntin
scout

Post by dadsahuntin » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:48 pm

I bought 3 of them for the youth hunt this past weekend. For the blind we used it was a better option than our typical cushions for butt and tree for back. They are heavy suckers, but comfy. I would reccomend them for a hunt where short walking distance is possible. I carried all 3 on the way out while my kids carried their turkeys. was not easy.

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by DONY1 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm

I have to agree a little on the weight. My 2 came in today. I'll leave one at the lease full time and won't need to carry it too much. The other one is for buddies or the beach. My original Gobbler Lounger will still be the one I carry. Not bad for less than $15 bucks delivered though.

fishindad

Post by fishindad » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:43 am

This is awesome. Thanks for posting. I bought a cabelas one last year. I ASSURE you it was not this price. LOL.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by DONY1 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:03 pm

You'll definitely want to change the carry strap. This one is short. I use 2 $8 gun slings and wear it like a back pack.

fishindad

Post by fishindad » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:42 am

Got it today. VERY nice for the money!!!
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

ario
scout

Post by ario » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:13 am

I got two of them. They didn't have them at our Wally so ordered them thru their web site. Very nice, good quality and great price. I saw them at BP for 2X the price.

Mr. Lolo
Second Class Scout

Post by Mr. Lolo » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:37 am

ArcheoGator wrote:Quick edit here - the chairs sold online have a lower weight rating. The turkey thugs I picked up in store cost slightly more, but are rated for 300 lbs.
I ordered 2 on March 6 for $29.40 with free shipping to store. Got them in 6 days. Although it said 225 lbs online, Mine are rated to 300 lbs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Follow my hunting adventures with Twitter: @lolo_hunter

ArcheoGator
scout

Post by ArcheoGator » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:00 pm

Awesome you got that deal, Lolo. Mine were $5 more in store. I would have done ship to store if I had known it was the same chair; Walmart often has cheaper prices online for whatever reason.

The chairs seem to work out just fine, but like many, I may do something to modify the strap(s). They will also serve as an easy carry chair for bank fishing.

Joshuaagom
scout

View the latest post

Post by Joshuaagom » Tue May 31, 2016 12:54 am

is the view newest post button supposed to take you to the last post in the thread or the newest post since your last visit, like on other forums?

Return to “HUNTING GEAR & EQUIPTMENT FORUM”