Chameleon blind

Discuss your weapon of choice for hunting. Discuss problems or rants and raves about gear you use to get that trophy mount!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Chameleon blind

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:49 pm

I was at a customers house today. While in his garage I saw one of these blinds still in the box. I made the comment that I saw them at the Big buck expo and started to buy one and wished I had later on as I really liked the concept of it.
I finished my work and he said "put that blind in your truck. If I haven't used it by now I'm not going to"
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: Chameleon blind

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:50 pm

I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by drgn4sr » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:57 pm

what is the difference between this and a regular ground blind?? the tree??

trouttouter
Troop Guide

Chameleon blind

Post by trouttouter » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:29 am

I like how the strap pulls the top into the tree. Breaks it up a little bit. Does it all hang from the strap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:40 am

trouttouter wrote:I like how the strap pulls the top into the tree. Breaks it up a little bit. Does it all hang from the strap?

Yeah there are 2 straps. There is tent poles inside of it. you form a "hoop", and it goes around the tree with a strap. And there's the top strap that holds it level and supports the roof. They make a bow version also that has slits in it vertically, as opposed to horizontal windows. Can also take it up in a ladder stand or climber and use it as a tree stand blind

sam03
Ordeal

Post by sam03 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:13 pm

That's pretty cool!!
I like animals, they are tasty!

davedirt
Ordeal

Post by davedirt » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:14 pm

I have two of them..........I like it for gun hunting. Had mine about three years.
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS
DUG IN TIGHTER THAN ALABAMA TICK

ROLL TIDE

Last year I was a hunter and not a harvester........

trouttouter
Troop Guide

Chameleon blind

Post by trouttouter » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:53 pm

Nice. I didn't think about putting it up around your stand. That would be slick.

ario
scout

Post by ario » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:55 am

Doesn't look to be to good for bow hunting. I don't see any advantage for it around the stand if your high enough it wouldn't make a difference. Good camo, face mask and some oder control and your good. I have had deer look straight up at me from 10 yds. away and hag around the stand for 5-10 mins. feeding. Just don't move. IMO the $ spent for that can be used in better things. You want to spend the cash on something worth while. Ozanics, yes that would be much more than that blind but, it would be an investment for years to come. Don't get me wrong, I do like ground blinds. I have two set up and two ladder stands. But, combo stand/blind?

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:14 pm

ario wrote:Doesn't look to be to good for bow hunting. Agree. This is the gun model. They make a bow model.I don't see any advantage for it around the stand if your high enough it wouldn't make a difference. I think it would work well on my 2 man ladder stand. Being I have a 10 year old that can sit still for about 45 seconds Good camo, face mask and some oder control and your good. I have had deer look straight up at me from 10 yds. away and hag around the stand for 5-10 mins. feeding. Just don't move.Agree. Most of my stands, you can walk right by and not see them as I have them concealed well IMO the $ spent for that can be used in better things. You want to spend the cash on something worth while. Ozanics I already have a log6 machine that I swear by, yes that would be much more than that blind but, it would be an investment for years to come. It was free. A customer I have had for 15 years gave it to me. Don't get me wrong, I do like ground blinds. I have two set up and two ladder stands. But, combo stand/blind? It is what it is. It is just another tool in my arsenal

ario
scout

Post by ario » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:37 pm

Well then, good luck with it. I hope you have success with it. Don't take the wrong way, just my opinion.

Return to “HUNTING GEAR & EQUIPTMENT FORUM”