Muck Boots Review

Discuss your weapon of choice for hunting. Discuss problems or rants and raves about gear you use to get that trophy mount!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Kortsman
Star Scout

Muck Boots Review

Post by Kortsman » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:59 pm

It's time to buy a new pair of boots. Every year Bass Pro has had the Lacrosse Alphaburly Sport boots on sale during their yearly fall hunting classic sale. Well this year they discounted a pair of Duck Commander boots that look like the Lacrosse brand and the Alphaburly Sports are $129.
They had a pair of Muck Ranger boots on sale for $89. So how do they compare? My Lacrosse boots were like wearing sneakers. These look comfortable and have good reviews, so I want to hear from you guys.
Oh, right now they have free shipping too, so I won't have to make a trip to Orlando.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Muck Boots Review

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:24 pm

I'm a fan of the Muck boots. I've had a pair of field blazers for like 10 years. I retired them from hunting a few years ago only because I wore a hole in my left boot from shifting my 4 wheeler. I now wear them every single day around the house, working in the yard, in the chicken coop, etc, and they are as comfortable today as they were on day 1
I succumbed to the Lacrosse impulse buy 2 years ago. This will be my 3rd season on my alpha-lite's, and they still smell like rubber today 3 years later like they did on day 1. I hate them due to that
At $89 I may order me a pair.

One thing also to consider...DOn't know how companies actions sway your decision, but Muck boot company "supposedly" recently made a donation thru a fundraiser to HSUS, which is the biggest anti hunting org in the world. Their PR team has been back stepping ever since then, and its a he said/she said on what really happened.
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

sam03
Ordeal

Post by sam03 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:20 am

well that sucks i was going to get a pair. But if they are supporting anti hunter they aren't getting my money.
I like animals, they are tasty!

blackpowderscout
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by blackpowderscout » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:34 am

Before we jump to conclusions, take a mintue and go read their explanation. Sounds plausible to me. Guy dies, wants money to go to the town animal shelter where he got his cat from instead of flowers, (friends)employees raise money in house, one of them goofs and posts on the web that it was for HSUS when it wasn't, and the world as we know it exploded.

I blame the cat. Not the company.
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Want to learn more about Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

Kortsman
Star Scout

Post by Kortsman » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:59 am

Cats are the debil!

I bought a pair. When it comes to my budget vs politics and donations, my pockets hit closer to home!

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:06 pm

blackpowderscout wrote:Before we jump to conclusions, take a mintue and go read their explanation. Sounds plausible to me. Guy dies, wants money to go to the town animal shelter where he got his cat from instead of flowers, (friends)employees raise money in house, one of them goofs and posts on the web that it was for HSUS when it wasn't, and the world as we know it exploded.

I blame the cat. Not the company.
Hence the reason I used the keyword "supposedly". I think everyone can do their own research and form their own opinion. And I agree, I blame the cat as well

You will enjoy them Brian. They are a great boot
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Return to “HUNTING GEAR & EQUIPTMENT FORUM”