Truck Bed Camper Cot

Discuss your weapon of choice for hunting. Discuss problems or rants and raves about gear you use to get that trophy mount!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

9dawgs

Re: Truck Bed Camper Cot

Post by 9dawgs » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:35 am

Thanks guys. I'll get a photo with everything installed. Heading to the woods with my sons and grandsons this weekend for the last man camp of the year. We're going to see what we can kill. With all the boys making racket probably just shoot a few squirrels. But they eat good
too :-)

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:30 pm

Goodluck!

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:40 pm

Here's the finished project with the cot installed. I think it'll work out nicely. :-)
IMG_1860.JPG
IMG_1861.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:53 pm

Jim,
That's a great job! If I were inclined to sleep in the woods, as in days gone by, I'd be all over that project. Way too many nights in the bed of a pickup truck without a camper top plus a leaky air mattress back in the day. Also a few nights many years ago with 782 gear make me even more fond of the big ol' bed here in the house!
Treefarmer

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:34 pm

treefarmer wrote:Jim,
That's a great job! If I were inclined to sleep in the woods, as in days gone by, I'd be all over that project. Way too many nights in the bed of a pickup truck without a camper top plus a leaky air mattress back in the day. Also a few nights many years ago with 782 gear make me even more fond of the big ol' bed here in the house!
Treefarmer
Haha, yeah I understand that. There ain't nothing like your own bed, especially when you're sleeping next to your sweetheart.

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:44 am

Jim, she was with me on a few of those hunts years ago when it was 1st come 1st serve through the gate at Bull Creek about (45 years+/- ago)!
Treefarmer

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:08 am

Well, I slept in this once last December up at the hunt camp in Live Oak. It worked out really good. Plenty of room under the cot to store my guns and boots. It was nice to wake up and put my feet on the ground sitting on the cot. It made it really easy to get dressed for the hunt. Then I wrecked my truck in January... The new truck I bought to replace it has a 5.5ft bed and the cot is about 5" too long :>P I'll need to make some adjustments to make it work but I just haven't had the time to get into it.

Return to “HUNTING GEAR & EQUIPTMENT FORUM”