Tree Stand Maintanence & Safety

Discuss your weapon of choice for hunting. Discuss problems or rants and raves about gear you use to get that trophy mount!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

BigJack
scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Tree Stand Maintanence & Safety

Post by BigJack » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:05 am

I have taken the express route out of a stand before and it is not fun guys it was a frayed line on someone else's that they said I could sit. Even if you trust the guy treat a stand like a gun don't trust anyone by their word that their stand is all good.
Big Hammer Swimbaits
North Fork Composites
Bullard Int
Endless Season Clothing

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:49 am

you know you may be a little over weight when: the stewardess asks you to change seats to balance the wt of the plane, hosts at parties ask you to not sit on the "good furniture" or you need to use a seat belt extender. haven't heard of Carlos the camp chair killer breaking anything recently.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:27 am

nacho grande wrote:haven't heard of Carlos the camp chair killer breaking anything recently.
That was some funny shart. All throughout the S.E., hunt camps had a pretzel pile of chairs. He AZZ planted in my old playhouse box stand :clap
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:31 pm

Hell yea.. those were the days.. i tested the limits.. funniest one was when i was at kemsters hunt camp and make his chair look like a tree stand folded up.. Or when busted the plastic one in allens box strand.. threw it out the front door and sat on the ground. lol

swampbird
scout

Post by swampbird » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:54 pm

On my Summit climber cables, some of the rubber is worn off around the cable stops....any fixes for that?

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:04 pm

All it is is heat shrink material. You can order the replacements on ebay and do it yourself. or you can find it sometimes at Harbor Freight or any electrical supply company. You need a torch to shrink it, just at the threshold of burning. I redo the coating on mine just about every year
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by drgn4sr » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:03 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:
nacho grande wrote:haven't heard of Carlos the camp chair killer breaking anything recently.
That was some funny shart. All throughout the S.E., hunt camps had a pretzel pile of chairs. He AZZ planted in my old playhouse box stand :clap
I had to adjust the jackstands on my camper after he came over for dinner one night. Listed to one side. :clap

bellyacher
First Class Scout

Post by bellyacher » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:14 pm

finely got a vest harness today. went to Webster flea market and was walking around and seen one on a rack. asked the lady how much, she said $10 I said sold. also came with the tree strap and has a built in orange vest in a little pouch on the back. Kinda worked out good because I gave away all my ladder stands and will be getting a climber soon. Having to lug ladder stands around on public land sux and have had then stolen.
Be polite, be professional, BUT have a plan to kill everybody you meet

Return to “HUNTING GEAR & EQUIPTMENT FORUM”