Huntin' Buggy Post

Discuss your weapon of choice for hunting. Discuss problems or rants and raves about gear you use to get that trophy mount!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Re: Huntin' Buggy Post

Post by GoodOyster » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:28 pm

The truck below gets me where I'm going, then if I'm on private property, I take my old Honda FourTrax 300 (think it's a 1996 model) everywhere else. If I get some pics of it I'll post them, but can't find any right now.

"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:55 pm

my buggies!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sangster
Patrol Leader

Post by Sangster » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:47 pm

Here's a little video of mine a couple weeks ago in the Uwharrie National Forest, NC:

Ryan

pandaxmx
Second Class Scout

Post by pandaxmx » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:08 am

mine gets me to where i want to go

Gun Laws are only for folks who Obey the Law..Criminals don't give a HOOT

gl
scout

Post by gl » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:00 pm

Old Toyota with Swampers, when it runs it will never get stuck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:17 pm

gl, Thanks for the reminder of the good ol'days. Your saying about the ol' Toy truck, "When it runs it never gets stuck" reminded me of 40 years ago when we had a saying "I ain't stuck but I just can't go". Back then we ran 9.00X16 Non-directionals on everything except Momma's car, a whole pile of little Jeeps, Willys wagons and several (brand new at the time), F-100s, boy could they sling some mud! Looks like the Ford buggy in the corner of your picture might deserve a little more of the "lime light". Thanks again for reminder. Treefarmer

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:49 am

Nice Toy gl! I had one of those when they were new :>) I bought a brand new 1983 Toyota 4x4 when I returned to the states from my tour in Puerto Rico and drove it from Florida to Oregon. I was getting fire wood one afternoon in a muddy area where the loggers had clear cutted with a buddy who was driving an old chevy pickup when he got stuck. I pulled him all the way back to the paved road throught the mud with that thing. It was awesome. All with that little 22R 4 banger. Thanks for the memories! :>)

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:54 pm

I bought an old homemade trailer a while back and finally got around to finishing fixing it up. I still have to run some of the wiring on the right side through some black tubing and get some expanded steel for the side walls but for the most part it's done. So today I thought I'd drive my hunting cart up on it to see how well it would fit since that's the main reason I got it.

Also check out the new Florida Redneck Camo paint job I put on the cart :>) Man, I'm ready to get back int he woods.

If anyone knows where I might buy some expanded steel at a reasonable price I'd appreciate the contact info.

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:10 pm

Just made a deal to pick this up in a couple of days, 91 Wrangler, manual transmission. I went over it pretty thoroughly today, no evidence of rust anywhere (inside or underneath), no sign of ever having an oil leak, engine is spotless and runs strong. Needs a little work, new windshield, radio needs reconnecting and seat covers. My 1st project will be to strip the carpet and apply rhino liner to the interior, I am not putting the carpet back in. Gonna make one hell of a woods truck, now i can save the paint on my Silverado.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:43 pm

Triple Creek Reaper wrote:Just made a deal to pick this up in a couple of days, 91 Wrangler, manual transmission. I went over it pretty thoroughly today, no evidence of rust anywhere (inside or underneath), no sign of ever having an oil leak, engine is spotless and runs strong. Needs a little work, new windshield, radio needs reconnecting and seat covers. My 1st project will be to strip the carpet and apply rhino liner to the interior, I am not putting the carpet back in. Gonna make one hell of a woods truck, now i can save the paint on my Silverado.
Dammmmmm... I'd make her my daily driver chief! I will call you tomorrow... Nice find...

Devinv
scout

Post by Devinv » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:09 am

9dawgs wrote:Anybody else have anything besides boots? If y'all walk from home then I envy you for living so close to your hunting ground... Come on guys! I know somebody else has some cool rigs to hunt with besides ILuv2Hunt!

This is what I haul my golf cart with. It's a 1999 Chevy Astro 4x2 van with a 4" Overland Vans suspension lift, K&N Filter, KC Dayliters, roof rack, ladder & spare tire holder, Rancho RS5000 shocks and 31x10.50 BF Goodrich ATs on stock steel wheels.:
for an astro, that thing looks kinda cool

GoodOyster

Post by GoodOyster » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:37 am

It did until it got wrecked!

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk 2
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:11 pm

GoodOyster wrote:It did until it got wrecked!
Ha, yes it did... If I ever built another one it would be the AWD flavor... :rockon

GoodOyster

Post by GoodOyster » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:37 pm

I had an 85 GMC Safari that I used for a work van when I had my auto paint/body repair biz up in Ft Walton Beach. I had "sponsored" a guy that raced at the local dirt track (I painted his car) and he had a 350 with 336 heads all ported and polished, etc. that we planned to put in my van after the season ended. Unfortunately, things changed and I ended up moving down here to Sarasota before we could do it. The Astro/Safari vans are some of my favorite GM vehicles.
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:25 pm

Anybody got any updates? I pulled the old golf cart out of the garage and got it ready for the woods. It made me think of this thread. I recon I'll put my new truck in here for new folks just now looking. Here's my replacement for my lifted van. It's a 1986 Dodge D150 Ramcharger 4x4, with a bone stock 318.

Return to “HUNTING GEAR & EQUIPTMENT FORUM”