Huntin' Buggy Post

Discuss your weapon of choice for hunting. Discuss problems or rants and raves about gear you use to get that trophy mount!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

9dawgs

Huntin' Buggy Post

Post by 9dawgs » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:24 am

Thought I'd post some pictures of my huntin' buggy. Everyone should do the same whether its an ATV, UTV, Jeep, Truck, etc. What do you go to the woods with? Show us some pictures so we can share ideas :>)

This is the newest equipment I have for hunting this year. In years past I've borrowed my in-laws golf cart to haul the deer out of the woods up to the barn but I had an opportunity to pick this up at the beginning of the year. I've been fixing it up to get ready for the winter hunt this year. It's a 1996 EZ-Go Golf Cart Gas GXT 804D Truck with a 4" Jakes lift, Swamp Fox Mud Tires, Eagle Accessories Gun Holder, YuTrax UTV Jump Seat. Still have some stuff to do to it but it should be ready to go soon. Mostly cosmetic stuff but I may install a roof rack and a winch (if I can figure out where to put it). Also I'd like to fab up a snorkel of sorts because the intake for the carb is at foot level under the front seat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Huntin' Buggy Post

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:15 am

I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:16 am

Nice!

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:16 am

I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:58 am

Iluv2hunt wrote:Image
That's exactly what I was thinking.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:24 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:Image
Haha! I knew somebody would put some boots on here! :rolleyes always a comedian...

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:05 am

Anybody else have anything besides boots? If y'all walk from home then I envy you for living so close to your hunting ground... Come on guys! I know somebody else has some cool rigs to hunt with besides ILuv2Hunt!

This is what I haul my golf cart with. It's a 1999 Chevy Astro 4x2 van with a 4" Overland Vans suspension lift, K&N Filter, KC Dayliters, roof rack, ladder & spare tire holder, Rancho RS5000 shocks and 31x10.50 BF Goodrich ATs on stock steel wheels.:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by DONY1 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:43 am

Also a 2002 Silverado, a 2004 Avalanche and a Honda Foreman that I can't seem to find picks of.

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:06 pm

Huntin' Bike, nice :>) Where's the gun rack??

DONY1

Post by DONY1 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:46 pm

That was from my scouting trip on St. Vincent island. I modified it after that and put a 2'x3' piece of plywood on the back as a rack for my climber and pack but it was a pain in the azz. Gun went over my shoulder for the ride. I've had that bike about 12 years and rode it 1 other time before the island. It's been parked since I got back. Might explain why the 3 mile ride to my stand in the morning killed me. It went something like this---5am--1st mile at mach -2 till one buddy went to his stand. Another 1/2 mile and stop for a 1 min. breather. Another 1/2 mile and stop while my other buddy goes off to his stand. Another 1/2 mile and stop for another breather. Finish the last 1/2 mile at mach -5 and about fall out when I get to my trail at 5:30. Walk another 10 min. through 2 swamps to get to my stand. Man that was a great trip. Can't wait to go again this year. :rockon

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:51 pm

I have a gun rack on my mountain bike...An old set of ATV gun racks bolted on the handle bars

DONY1

Post by DONY1 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:24 pm

I remember seeing that before Allen. You've got a good looking woods bike.

Unlucky
scout

Post by Unlucky » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:27 pm

Electric Cart

DONY1

Post by DONY1 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:47 pm

I'm trading my black cart to a buddy for his pop up camper in excellent shape. My camp is 9 miles away from the lease now so it's not like I'm really gonna use it anyway. If I decide I need one I have another one at home I can always use.

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:37 pm

DONY1 wrote:That was from my scouting trip on St. Vincent island. I modified it after that and put a 2'x3' piece of plywood on the back as a rack for my climber and pack but it was a pain in the azz. Gun went over my shoulder for the ride. I've had that bike about 12 years and rode it 1 other time before the island. It's been parked since I got back. Might explain why the 3 mile ride to my stand in the morning killed me. It went something like this---5am--1st mile at mach -2 till one buddy went to his stand. Another 1/2 mile and stop for a 1 min. breather. Another 1/2 mile and stop while my other buddy goes off to his stand. Another 1/2 mile and stop for another breather. Finish the last 1/2 mile at mach -5 and about fall out when I get to my trail at 5:30. Walk another 10 min. through 2 swamps to get to my stand. Man that was a great trip. Can't wait to go again this year. :rockon
Haha, I know what you mean. That sounds like my first hunt with my muzzle loader. I was dropped off in the dark about a half mile from my shooting box that was up a hill. I was carrying so much crap up that hill I thought I was going to pass out before I got to it... I learned to carry a lot less...gun, couple of reloads, knife, pocket full of jerky and crackers, bottle of water... All that hiking with a heavy pack is for the young guns!

Return to “HUNTING GEAR & EQUIPTMENT FORUM”