wing shooters LOOK!!!

Discuss Quail, Dove, and Snipe Hunting here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Re: wing shooters LOOK!!!

Post by GoodOyster » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:12 pm

M12Gunboy wrote:hooksetz Posted "the dudes name is Gary, and he's doing another dove hunt next Saturday.His number is (813)719-6041. Last week I took my 10 yr. old son out there, we shot over 200 rounds (he did alot of shooting with his new 20gauge pump), it costed us $75.00 cuz under 16 is free, and they fed us lunch, and brought us drinks in the field all afternoon. He's got about 1200 acres out there and it is the most beautiful bird set up I've ever seen. There was 45 hunters there last wk. when we went and room for 200 more, birds were volleyed back and forth all day long with new ones streaming in among them also. Honestly the cheapest and best hunt I've ever experienced. Hell it costs me more than $75.00 to go anywhere and hunt for a day once you figure in food and all."

hooksetz is this guy still doing PAID hunts? Anyone else know him?
I think this might have been the outfit Kemster99 used to work for when he was guiding hog hunts and stuff. Far as I know, they quit doing it.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

duck$lammer
scout

Post by duck$lammer » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:05 pm

if it is the same place i am thinking of they are doing quail and pheasant still, not too sure about dove. i will have to find the website again i know the post is old but may help for this season
See what had happened was...

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:08 pm

nacho grande wrote:while on the subject of wingshooting, how about pointers over quail, mule drawn cart style? without breaking the bank?
They're around,more in N.Fl. I think. I know there;s a lot of them in Ga.

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:44 am

Keep us posted. The Plant City Dove thing sounded good. I have a couple of great places for Doves in GA and we always limit out. Looking for the FL Dove, alot less travel time and logistics involved, besides I need to get Nacho out there in the Dove field....

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:52 am

The last good dove shooting I did was up here in Mo on the farm. Dove hunting is a blast,I would definitly pay my share for a field. I get a lot on my place but I have to many nieghbors to do that much shooting.

kemster99
Eagle Scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by kemster99 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:41 am

used to guide hog hunts for the guy doing paid bird hunts. Might still be doing them, but not in turkey creek. Last i heard TECO was buying the property we had to hunt on. Not sure how it is all working with him now. Haven't talked to him in over a year.
#### Who's your daddy----Hunt Team####

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:31 am

Kemster99 let me know what you find out about Dove Hunts. I'm interested and will travel a bit also. I'll drive if need be, besides I have to get Nacho on a real southern dove field... He'll go out of his mind... Let us know...

frankwt

Post by frankwt » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:12 pm

Kemster let me know too..I will be scouting our places to make sure we have birds before I advise anyone. Frank

tempus
scout

Post by tempus » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:01 pm

I had 2 friends hunt at Gary's place on the Oct 9th and they didn't see any birds. Probably haven't been pushed hard from the north yet. Gary gave them a free return pass since there were no birds to shoot. I hunted Kate Boulos' place on Oct 2nd and we had a great shoot but those were probably the local birds then. Her number is listed on page 2 of the Doves in FL topic.

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:54 pm

the hunting I really miss most is the grouse hunting. quail would be a good substitute but seems theres not so many of them any more. I used to see coveys of them all the time in 05-06 on my private prop in bkvl but as soon as I started hunting it in 09 they are gone, or few and far between.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:07 pm

Yeah, the quail get tore up by just about everything that eats eggs - coyotes, hogs, foxes, raccoons, snakes, etc. Really tough for a native population to grow to any good numbers. I'd love to do some grouse or pheasant hunting. Might have to make a trip to th Dakotas or Nebraska some time, a combo pheasant, elk, whitetail trip if possible!
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

tempus
scout

Post by tempus » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:21 am

I can't wait to get on some quail in GA this year. They say it's the best hatching in 40 years there. I found this place close to my house.

http://www.watermelonpondplantation.com/

leedarby610

Post by leedarby610 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:59 am

rad07h wrote:
FLDXT wrote:Quail Creek is top notch! Great skeet/trap shooting too! But very $$$$$. They also have some monster gobblers! I jumped a covery of quail by my cow pens the other day. Maybe we could work something out, the hunt should last about 5 minutes, you can ride my horse around a little before if you want, just to get the full effect. Just kidding! Quail Creek is a nice place, lots of birds and good people.
My sisters husband is a member over there that's how I knew about the place. I shot skeet there before and the place is top notch. The people and the food they prepare are first class. I may take you up on the quail hunt as long as I can ride the horse
a while longer!
I am going to try and get up that way (near Quail Creek) this Saturday and I have a call in to a guy named Travis that's supposed to hook me up at a dove field. I will report later if it's worthwhile.

bodysnatcher
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by bodysnatcher » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:21 am

Welcome to the site. :toast Feel free to head over to the new member area and tell us about yourself.
Looking forward to your report.
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

luvs2hunt62
scout

Post by luvs2hunt62 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:57 am

I just met with Gary this morning. He is still doing Quail and Pheasant hunts just off of exit 14 on I-4. His land is beautiful, he will start up in Oct. His prices are very reasonable--I would appreciate it if you would mention this forum or my name when you call--I'm trying to get a group discount for us, so when you go, give me a holler and I'll join you and we can split expenses

Return to “QUAIL, DOVE, & SNIPE HUNTING FORUM”