Dove Hunts in FL

Discuss Quail, Dove, and Snipe Hunting here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Re: Dove Hunts in FL

Post by M12Gunboy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:17 am

I hear you and hopefully our lobby the NRA is strong enough to continue to prevent it. If it gets to the point of confiscation it really won't matter anyway since I'll either be in prison or dead for protecting my rights under the second amendment or suddenly dissappear to locations less traveled. Keep buying ammo and establish a plan for your weapons cache. We already have ours figured out.

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:21 am

In recent years KIA and Hyundai have put a finish on their cars that rivals and on some models surpasses that of Mercedes. Chevy's have one of the worst records when it comes to rust and finish issues. Compare their warranties. With proper care and maintenance both should still be solid vehicles after 5 years. Our 2004 KIA Optima still runs great, and that's after being driven daily by an Asian woman (some stereotypes ARE true!), and having a Tuffy Lube tech forget to tighten the oil drain bolt and it being driven over 30 miles without oil. She let another Korean lady drive it and she smacked the crap out of it against a bridge abutment on the left rear quarter panel over 2 years ago, and we still haven't had it fixed. The places where I chipped the paint hammering the wheel well away from the tire are just showing a bit of surface rust. If it had been a Chevy, by now the thing would eaten up with rust.

IMHO and after several years experience in the paint and body business, a Chevy ain't got nothin' on KIA in any category.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:54 pm

So they appear to have a good finish, that is great. My old 2000 2500 Chevy pick-up has 183K on the first motor and my buddy has 383K on his with motor #2. Guess my example was inaccurate... Show me a Toyota or Nissan PU with 383K on the second motor still running around town everyday....

My point is that our government and US big business has caused our country a huge economic problem that frankly we may never be able to recover from. By allowing "cheap" foreign goods and allowing US big business to go elsewhere to produce products and import to the US with little to no taxation on importation. It's amazing that we have any factories left in America.

This has caused this whole idea and way of life in America today that "cheap is best", "Don't buy unless on sale", and "that's all I can afford"! Bottom line is you get what you pay for! To bad Americans have forgotten how to save money and buy quality, not garbage.

To get back on topic, the Doves wouldn't know the difference if they were riding in a KIA or a Chevy anyway...

kemster99
Eagle Scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by kemster99 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:40 pm

will take the american mossberg over the made in mexico expresses any day. i have a remington 870 in nickel with 2 barrels and mag extension. ONLY reason i have it , it was given to me. makes a good slug gun though. I just don't like the safety on it. would rather have the ambi mossy safety.
#### Who's your daddy----Hunt Team####

frankwt

Post by frankwt » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:48 pm

LOl another topic off in the ditch...any shotgun will kill a dove, you do not need a $5000 gun to limit, many $150-$250 guns are fine adequate and will work for years if taken care of properly.

kemster99
Eagle Scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by kemster99 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:54 pm

frankwt wrote:LOl another topic off in the ditch...any shotgun will kill a dove, you do not need a $5000 gun to limit, many $150-$250 guns are fine adequate and will work for years if taken care of properly.
lol. you right. yet another topic for the Armory section. i'll go start one. lol
#### Who's your daddy----Hunt Team####

tempus
scout

Post by tempus » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:28 pm

I'm waiting on Kate to call to see if she has a shoot tomorrow or next weekend. I just got a champion Easy Hit sight for my shotgun. I went to GA last weekend and my dove hit percentage went up to almost 100%. It solved my cross dominance with my left eye and shooting right handed.

Return to “QUAIL, DOVE, & SNIPE HUNTING FORUM”