Dove Hunts in FL

Discuss Quail, Dove, and Snipe Hunting here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Dove Hunts in FL

Post by M12Gunboy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:07 pm

It is getting to be that time of year and I still have been unable to find any paid hunts in Central Florida for Doves.

Any information would be great. I know one of ya'll out that have to have a good Dove field somewhere..

Thanks-

frankwt

Re: Dove Hunts in FL

Post by frankwt » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:14 pm

they are just starting to advertise here:

thank you for your interest. below i have info on the dove shooting for NW Florida. it will be in walnut hill.

We have 4 (80, 60,40 and 25 acre) fields with peanuts.
We have one 27 acre field with corn and millet.
My members shot these fields last year with great success.
We also have more peanut fields to look at as we go along during dove season that if we find doves we will shoot those fields.
As you know all I can do is scout fields. When we have birds we will shoot!
This year I will not tell you how the birds are patterning. Once you draw for spots you will have to take your experience to find the right place to set up your blind or bucket for shooting.
I will figure the amount of shooters to 8 birds per shooter. This means if I have 240 birds coming into the field I will only need 30 shooters.
Nobody shoots any fields on their own or scouts the fields unless I have given permission.
We hope to shoot at least ten times.
This year pricing will be as follow:
One shooter membership…price $260. What all do you get with this price:
You get to hunt the entire season on my leased fields in Florida. If you cannot attend the hunt you can send another hunter in your place. You must call me before hunt and let me know name of your shooter.
Your children under the age of 13 shoot for free as long as they shoot in your blind.
After our second hunt in Florida you get one free guest ticket for a dove shoot of your choice.
After our first hunt in Florida you can request to bring additional guests at $60 a shoot and they sit in their own blind or $30 a shoot and they sit with you.
Gold shooter membership…price $420.
You and 1 guest get to hunt the entire season on my leased fields in Florida. If you cannot attend the hunt you can send another hunter in your place. You must call me before hunt and let me know name of your shooter.
Your children under the age of 13 shoot for free as long as they shoot in your blind.
After our second hunt in Florida you get one free guest ticket for a dove shoot of your choice.
After our first hunt in Florida you can request to bring guests at $60 a shoot and they sit in their own blind or $30 a shoot and they sit with you.
2 day shoot tickets…price $120.
Only you get to shoot two days of your choice.
Once you reach $260 in 2 day shoot ticket purchases you become a one shooter member.
I have several duck ponds for lease.

if you are interested please send me a check payable to franklin w rozier and send it to 1940 crown pointe blvd pensacola fl. 32506.

I will need you best contact numbers and home address.

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:36 am

Frank-

That would be great and is an awesome deal. My problem is it's too long of a drive to go and shoot Doves. Need to find something in Central Florida. I would think somewhere in Plant City area would offer Dove hunts. Need to research more.

Thanks-Rob

frankwt

Post by frankwt » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:52 am

Figured it was, just wanted to put the info out there, Good Luck!

outrunner13
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by outrunner13 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:54 pm

there 1 in dade city every yr look on craig list

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:41 am

Still have been unable to find any paid or unpaid Dove hunts within 100 miles of Orlando. Have checked Craigs list and everywhere I can think of. Not interested in traveling to the Pan handle, Fort Lauderdale or Tallahassee to shoot doves. Orlando to the east coast, Orlando to the West coast and anywhere 100 miles North or South of this line...

All that open praire land South of Orlando and no body has dove fields? Sh_t, I'll even clean'em and cook'em after shooting them with or for you...

frankwt

Post by frankwt » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:53 am

Check your WMA's I have 6 fields within 1 hr of me...FREE

flhuntfish
Junior Assistant Scout Master
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by flhuntfish » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:56 am

I know Hilochee WMA has a dove field and thats right outside orlando on the polk/lake county line

http://www.myfwc.com/docs/Brochures/10-11_Hilochee.pdf

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:06 am

Good info here http://www.myfwc.com/RECREATION/Hunt_DoveHotline.htm

Has links to map of public dove fields, both Special Opportunity hunts and WMAs with dove fields.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:19 am

Thanks Gents. That's a huge help.... Papaj (AKA: Tbone) - get ready....

Papa_J
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by Papa_J » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:19 pm

Line it up. If I ain't workin, up at my lease, or in the doghouse, I'm there. Much more fun than shooting clay.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:40 am

I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

frankwt

Post by frankwt » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:50 am

Iluv2hunt, damn They are expensive!

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:17 am

I agree Frank. We used to pay $15 back in the day.
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:31 am

Our computer server filter won't let me see or get to that web page from work... How much are they asking per day? I have been going to the same place in GA for the last four years, 1st hunt is $100.00 and second hunt is $50.00 which includes a full spread of BBQ lunch before the hunt, BBQ dinner afterwards and drinks while on the dove field. Two of us went last weekend and killed 24 birds (limit is 15 each) but only recovered 15 birds. Last year we limited out with 30 birds recovered of 41 birds killed. They are tough to recover sometimes, especially without a dog in sunflowers and millet.

I am going to get registered for the Hilochee WMA dove shoots next week when the second registration opens.

Return to “QUAIL, DOVE, & SNIPE HUNTING FORUM”