dove hunting

Discuss Quail, Dove, and Snipe Hunting here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Re: dove hunting

Post by nachogrande » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:34 am

well F it then, I'm out. if this is how he treats potential customers/clients when he is trying to lure/sell them, imagine how it will be AFTER he has our money.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:31 am

Agreed, screw'em. I working on finding another place for Doves.... Stay tuned...

Reaper
scout

Post by Reaper » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:37 pm

M12Gunboy wrote:Nacho that's not TCR, it's someone else using the name Reaper, not the guy who lives by me! This guys has been here for 4 months and posted 20 times.

Besides for $200 dove shoots he won't have his computer long or electricity to power it.

Look I checked out a plantation for a Quail hunt this winter. He has a ton of birds. He charges 200 for dove . Its worth it for some people,if your not one of those then STFU
If someone is interested I will pass along the info to them.

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:24 pm

Thanks for the information Reaper, you have been a great help. Most of us on here aren’t just checking things out. We actually can go and do go hunt! The issue here isn’t the money, the issue is that they believe we “sportsman” are stupid enough to pay $200 to shoot doves for ½ day. For that kind of money they had better have strippers and clowns guiding the hunt , a full lunch and dinner, and liquor drinks upon hunt completion.

I am happy for them and they can charge whatever they want. I hope the corporate guys from Chicago who go hunt and take their clients and write off the of $5-10K in FL doves hunts as a “client expense” have a great time. I’m a corporate guy and know exactly how it works. These are just another bunch of Fing azzholes who are "on the take" in FL, go figure.

Basically, you are advertising for these two azzholes for free and they are charging outrageous prices for dove hunts in Orlando and Umatilla! For $200 per person they can surely afford $5K in year in advertising on FOHAF and I’m sure Carlos would approve! I have found several places like these in FL who charge huge fees to hunt, drink and be merry but would never post them here as a service to forum members. I would post them and say stay away, great hunt, but they are a Fing “Rip-off”.

This forum is supposed to be about “helping” your fellow outdoorsman, establishing new relationships and friendships, trading lies and equipment, and making the outdoors in FL a little bit better for all of us, not screwing your fellow forum members! Thanks but no thanks on this one!

Reaper
scout

Post by Reaper » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:27 pm

have strippers and clowns guiding the hunt , a full lunch and dinner, and liquor drinks upon hunt completion. Take out the strippers and clowns and you about have it right

Good thing you are here otherwise nobody would know what to think

Frankly I don't care what you think or know what your problem is.
I know,I don't care about either

wingshooter
Assistant Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by wingshooter » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:19 pm

Not feeling the love....wing shooting is supposed to be fun AND freindly. Does everyone need a hug?
Member of the Florida Road Hunting Gang...No License, No Season, No Limit !!!!!

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:29 pm

No problem here at all Reaper and you are exactly 100% right! "Good thing you are here otherwise nobody would know what to think" and if I wasn't here providing my input and knowledge of what a half day dove hunt costs our inexperienced forum members would be getting screwed by paying $200 for one.

The issue is it's a F'ing "rip off", does that make any sense whatsoever? As I posted earlier I have a Mossberg 500 12 gauge for sale for $750, send me a money order and I'll make "sure" I get it sent to you.... Wake up and smell the coffee, that's a scam!

It's as screwed up as the housing market was from 2002-2006 when an 1800 Sq' house was selling for $350K plus, now valued at less than $200K. Wouldn't things have been different if people had just said "hey, that's a F'ing "rip off", houses should be selling for $100 a Sq', not $200 a Sq.!

Obviously, you don't get it or understand! This is one of the main reasons alot of folks who are FL natives (my wifes entire family - 4 generations, still kicking) are moving back to the South into GA, SC, and AL, since this place has turned into a big scam and it obviously continues!

Thanks again, but I'll drive 4 hours to GA, pay my $80 for fuel (non-resident license $295.00) and $50 to hunt doves and actually enjoy the SOUTH, without having to think about whether or not I got F'ing scammed into shooting 15 doves for $200!

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:31 pm

wingshooter wrote:Not feeling the love....wing shooting is supposed to be fun AND freindly. Does everyone need a hug?
Wingshooter, I agree. I'm just tired of every corner you turn here in FL someone is "on the take".

Find us a place to shoot some doves for a $100 a day or less and I'd been happy to drive!

wingshooter
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by wingshooter » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:12 pm

I have thought about putting in the time and energy to put together a place to shoot dove birds. Have even talked to a few land owners in the past, and get the same general response; I don't want my cows shot at or disturbed or have to clean up a bunch of litter, and the latest one, (thanks to the lawyer profession) what about my liability if someone gets injured. It takes a big effort to get something like a dove shoot off the ground. So, I will join the crowd and cringe at the price of dove hunting. My opinion of 200 $$ per hunter is high, just twenty hunters per weekend brings in a gross 4 thousand $$. Three hunts a month is starting to add up, 12 grand. So i will go back to hunting public land or maybe this year join the FWC dove club.

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:01 pm

Reaper, not TCReaper. I think you will find this is a more blue collar crowd that simply can't afford those kind of exorbitant rates, and those that could would refuse. sure some people will pay 25,000$ for an elk hunt but I don't think you will find many of them here. I don't know you from Adam so I'm assuming you were just passing info along and am not for shooting the messenger.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

wingshooter
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by wingshooter » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:28 pm

I know its kind of last minute but may have found a place to shoot for opening day. A tradtional dove hunt. This means you bring your own lunch and drinks, your own gun and bullets, and stand around a 90 acre plot of bird plants. If you want strippers and circus midgets you must bring them with you. The price is under the magical 100 $$. I just talked to the guy today about the hunt, and should probably get his permission before I plaster it all over the inter web.

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by drgn4sr » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:26 pm

pass on the info wingshooter. if it is a go, I am sure there will be a few of us going. this contested " parte" sounds like something I would step in. love it.

wingshooter
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by wingshooter » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:45 pm

Something to keep in mind; I spoke to the man running the hunt breifley on the phone and I have no affiliation with him at all. The hunt price i was quoted is 60 $$. I have never been to this filed or met the man in person, so all the info I have was told to me over the phone. The field is in Davenport, which is Polk Co (pronounced Poke Countee). Just trying to pass along some info I think is usefull.

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:18 pm

Keep me posted and I would be in for Saturday 1 October as well for $60.00 in Polk County. Need address and POC information.

Feel free to call me at 407-488-5814 cell after 4pm or 8am-4pm, M-F at 813-827-8489. Thanks Wingshooter!

wingshooter
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by wingshooter » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:05 pm

M12Gunboy sent you a pm

Return to “QUAIL, DOVE, & SNIPE HUNTING FORUM”