Monty Python & FWC

Discuss all your Duck Hunting here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

ArcheoGator
scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Monty Python & FWC

Post by ArcheoGator » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:25 am

Okay, so I am new to hunting. I am not sure if duck hunting is in my future. However, after this recent email from FWC, I can't help but think they employed Monty Python for the sole purpose of complicating things. I automatically read this email with a British accent, thinking of the infamous holy hand grenade.

From FWC:

The daily bag limit on ducks is six, but you need to know your ducks before you pull the trigger, because there are different daily limits for each species. For instance, within the six-bird limit there may be only one black duck, one mottled duck and one fulvous whistling-duck.

Only two of your six-bird limit may be canvasbacks, pintails, redheads or scaup, and three may be wood ducks. And you may have no more than four scoters or four mallards (of which only two may be female) in your bag. All other species of ducks can be taken up to the six-bird limit, except harlequin ducks.

The daily limit on coots is 15, and there’s a five-bird limit on mergansers, only two of which may be hooded.

From Monty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk

treefarmer
Ordeal

Re: Monty Python & FWC

Post by treefarmer » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:04 am

Ducks are not in my future, I'm too old to learn or see the differences :crip . The only difference in duck huntin' and salt water fishin', you can return a fish to the water if he's too big, too little or the wrong species. No doubt a lot of shot ducks become turtle or gator bait :no . I love to see the few ducks in the ponds here at our place and fondly remember the duck and rice my old aunt used to cook :chef around 55 years ago, when life was a lot simpler!
Fixin' to be in the woods this morning, zone D, 1st part of M/L season opens in less than an hour!
Treefarmer

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:35 am

I thought saltwater fishing regs were bad till I tried to figure out ducks..A guy just yesterday asked a simple question on another forum if he can legally hunt a certain lake and has gotten 25 responses with everything except the honest answer..

One of the reasons I never duck hunted. Some folks have offered to help me get started(and I do appreciate it), but damn it entails driving 2/3 of the way across the state
I want to shoot some woodies that winter in a pond on my lease. By the time I get stamps and steel shot and whatnots, they are going to be about $500/lb
I could have killed 5 in one pull of the trigger the other afternoon
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Kortsman
Star Scout

Post by Kortsman » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:56 am

How much is deer /lb? Each time I drive in the woods the price keeps going up..lol...

Return to “DUCK HUNTING FORUM”