Happy Anniversary To Me !

Discuss all your Bird Dog, Hog Dog & Hunting dog stuff here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

redfisher1
scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by redfisher1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:03 pm

Well I got to go hunting l the last 2 days and listen to the hounds and yesterday on my anniversary I knew I could only hunt the morning seeing I had to take the wife out to eat so we are running this block where I have a tripod stand and I am sitting in it and watch my buddies dogs trail right across a cut and come rightin front of me and then trail on past and head to a thick area of scrub and pines and sure enough they jump and I see the deer's flag flashing thru the cut but never could see the deer good. He headed right to the hardwoods , my stand is right on the edge of this cut and I have a creek right behind me and the deer usually run the edge of the hardwoods and cut thru the creek so I am looking now and I hear the palmettos bust one time but could not ever see the deer and sure enough dogs run right thru there and head on out to the north. So I call my buddy and and tell him they are going north out of hearing and he tells me he will go around and try to catch them up but they aren't going to quit till their done . Its a pretty big block so its going to take him a while to get over to the other side and he tells me to just stay in the stand and he will go try to catch them up. I am sitting in the stand and another pack of dogs start running from the same area and start to head my direction again and this time I hear the bushes bust and out pops a little ol' 4 pointer which I said hello to him with my 12 gauge 3" inch maginums . Dropped him 30 yards from the stand and had him on the ground by 8:45 am . Hauled him back to camp cleaned him and gave half the deer to the other dog hunter whose dogs were running the deer and man were they smoking his azzzzz and headed home by 1:00. Great start to the anniversary day. Nothing like listening to a good pack of dogs running a deer .

Keep on Hunting !!!!!!

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Re: Happy Anniversary To Me !

Post by Skunk Ape » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:48 pm

Way to go man,glad you understand that dogging is a positive.

OldCrab
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by OldCrab » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:01 pm

Happy anniversary to you --- after spending the last 2 wks in a doggin area - I have came to really enjoy the sound of a race - and was thinking of what it would take to get started in it / learn the ins and outs
Calling illegal aliens “undocumented workers” is like calling drug dealers “unlicensed pharmacists”…

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:26 pm

Im gonna definitly start doggin when i get my house.

redfisher1
scout

Post by redfisher1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:18 am

I have been dog hunting for years and I love it !!!!! My uncle has 6 walkers and our friend has 2 more walkers and man when they get together they make a beautiful sound smoking their azzzzzzzz's. I have no problem ever giving another dog hunter deer meat if I shoot one in front of their dogs because they pay for them dogs year round and I enjoy listening to anyboby's dogs running. We have placed some stands around the area where we hunt and I have seen my fair share of deer running by and then I have cut them off by vehicle as well and it is fun to me either way . I see alot deer slipping out when them dogs get cranked up and going. Them ol bucks are slick sometimes slipping out and letting the does take the dogs on for a run.

Keep on Hunting. :skeet :skeet :skeet

doghunter
Star Scout

Post by doghunter » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:39 am

Good quick hunt. Conrgats
Team 'Tree Top Assassins'

Return to “DOG HUNTING FORUM”