Blood Trailing and Shed Hunting with Jäger

Discuss all your Bird Dog, Hog Dog & Hunting dog stuff here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

sam03
Ordeal

Blood Trailing and Shed Hunting with Jäger

Post by sam03 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:37 am

I picked up a Lab puppy a couple of weeks ago to use for blood trailing during the season and shed hunting during off season. Any ways he is a funny looking Lab since he is black and tan and everyone thinks he is Rotti, German Shepard or mut. He is just a genetic freak which is why i picked him over his Brother that looked like every other Yellow lab out here. We have been working on the standard commands and crate training. On Thursday Jäger mean human mommy took him to the vet and took his manhood... :censored So he is wearing a stupid cone and cant go out and play much. Like all puppies the only time he is still is when he is sleeping.
Like all puppies the only time he is still is when he is sleeping.

Anyways on Friday morning i shot a nice 6 point and couldn't find any blood...the arrow went in and got both lungs and guts but didn't come out the other end so it held the blood in. I found the deer about 25yds from where i shot him bedded down as if nothing was wrong. yet deader than a door nail. Image

So i loaded him up and took him home to process. First thing i did was bring Jäger to the truck and let him check out the deer. He went crazy bark biting and licking whatever blood he could find.

He helped us clean by barking and begging for cuts of meat. Once it was all done he went back for more and was tearing off whatever he could get a hold of as if he was starving. His human mom wasn't a happy camper when she got home and his cone was covered in deer blood but i told her that's what she gets for cutting his balls off.

That to say as soon as the dam cone comes off the blood training will start. He has already been playing with some antlers, he just doesn't really want to bring them to me much less give them up but I'm sure we will figure that all out with time.
I like animals, they are tasty!

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Blood Trailing and Shed Hunting with Jäger

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:08 am

" but i told her that's what she gets for cutting his balls off."

That is the quote of the year right there.

"He has already been playing with some antlers, he just doesn't really want to bring them to me much less give them up but I'm sure we will figure that all out with time."

We started ours the same way, with antler and a foot to play with at home. Saves a lot of things from being chewed on at the house while he cuts teeth. Good luck, I'll be following your progress.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:24 am

Awesome! I love my pups!

Sent from Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:58 am

Looks like y'all are on your way to a good relationship! He'll even forgive his human mommy. Good pictures and also that's a mighty fine buck! The picture of the pup on top of the deer in the truck is the best one, noticed he even has a little deer blood on his cone.
Treefarmer

born2hunt
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by born2hunt » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:47 pm

How old is he ?
As I posted before, we just got our new lab pup as well. He is 8 weeks as of Sunday and is the laziest pup I've ever owned. Possibly a tad spoiled by my wife but that's another subject. Anyways I hope he starts perking up some or I can forget having my blood dog !!!

sam03
Ordeal

Post by sam03 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:49 pm

He is 8 weeks as of this past Thursday.
I like animals, they are tasty!

ario
scout

Post by ario » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:00 pm

Congrats. on the Buck and your new buddy.

Return to “DOG HUNTING FORUM”