How we spent our summer

Discuss all your Fishing boats that you use here. Bass Boats, John Boats, Gheenoes, Canoes ect.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

swissk31
Assistant Patrol Leader

How we spent our summer

Post by swissk31 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:04 pm

I found this lil old stumpy in need of some serious love for $200 and I have been wanting something for skinny water for awhile so I brought it home and Jay and I went to work on it.
It had a lot of water damage to the furniture so we cut it all out and reconfigured it a bit. We installed platforms in the rear for poling/fishing from and moved the lid from the old fixed cooler we cut out to the live well and we built it an upright console so we can see the oyster bars before we hit it.
We found a nice 35hp evinrude to push it around.
She's a work in progress and is never gonna be a pretty young thing again but she will be functional again. :crip
Image Image

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Re: How we spent our summer

Post by GoodOyster » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:46 pm

Nice work! You'll get a lot of use out of that hole in the water!
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

bellyacher
First Class Scout

Post by bellyacher » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:26 am

keep posting the progress. it will be interesting to see it come back to life :rock_on
Be polite, be professional, BUT have a plan to kill everybody you meet

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:46 am

Great job! I started repairing my dad's old boat last year but haven't had the time to finish it. Be sure to continue with the photos. We like LOTs of photos on here :>)

swissk31
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by swissk31 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Between the inches and inches of rain we got a bit more done. Added two rod holder up front, and a seat. We've got to finish painting a little below the seat and the whole floor. The live well is great (never had one before). The boat has lot's of storage and room to move around. Tore down the starter and cleaned it, and the relay/ solenoid came today. Hopefully get it in the water before archery distracts us.
updated boat 001.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

swissk31
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by swissk31 » Sat May 10, 2014 9:03 pm

first voyage 003.JPG
Well finally got the boat in the water. Hunting season,trapping hogs, fracturing one finger and many months later badly cutting another finger, and getting my truck wrecked, and those were just the highlights of this year. It ran great and the changes we made were nice. I am looking forward to lots of water time
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FISHING BOATS FORUM”