Any boat ramp follies this weekend?

Discuss all your Fishing boats that you use here. Bass Boats, John Boats, Gheenoes, Canoes ect.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Any boat ramp follies this weekend?

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon May 26, 2014 3:43 pm

I always said holidays bring out the best of the best at boat ramps. We launched Saturday morning and were waiting around for the bait truck to deliver to the bait shop next door. My buddy was over there and I was b'sing with the guys next to me. They had to rent a boat because the one guys was in the shop for repairs.. all of a sudden it was "Oh S*** the boat is sinking...

Guess when the guys from the rental launched, someone forgot to put the plug in. It was a mad scramble to figure out what to do. I offered to get in and bale water. The guy said no, I'm gonna run the water out of it. He took off with a boat 2/3 full of water and no plug, and almost put it on the bottom. He came back about 15 minutes later and no water. The guys that had rented it were beyond livid..

You can't tell in the pic, but when he stepped on the back starboard corner to open the battery hatch, the whole corner of the boat went under water
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: Any boat ramp follies this weekend?

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon May 26, 2014 3:44 pm

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

fishindad

Post by fishindad » Tue May 27, 2014 8:59 pm

Wow. I stayed FAR away from the ramps this weekend. I even heard of fights breaking out.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

Star Scout

Post by 30.06 » Wed May 28, 2014 7:30 pm

no follies this weekend. got my grampas boat on the water for the first time sat and second time mon. had nobody at the hills river boat ramp on fowler. and my boat did good so did the motor.
OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed May 28, 2014 7:41 pm

Catch anything? I was going to hit that spot this weekend

Star Scout

Post by 30.06 » Wed May 28, 2014 7:45 pm

i did not do any fishing, just glad to get grampas boat on the water after 12+yrs. he would be happy i got it and am using it. so fishing will be happening soon though.
OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS

Return to “FISHING BOATS FORUM”