TROLLING MOTOR

Discuss all your Fishing boats that you use here. Bass Boats, John Boats, Gheenoes, Canoes ect.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

BEAGLE
scout

TROLLING MOTOR

Post by BEAGLE » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:48 am

man i bought a trolling motor and it pulls my boat fast i have a 16'-0" flats boat and put this 71 pound thrust on it and it cruses fast

ol i thought it was cool
I FORGOT HOW TO FISH NOW IAM BACK TRYING TO REMEMBER HOW TO BUT IT DONT SEAM LIKE ITS WORKING

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: TROLLING MOTOR

Post by DONY1 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:11 pm

71 lbs should almost put you on plane. "lol"

bodysnatcher
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by bodysnatcher » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:13 pm

Get the ski's :laugh:
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:17 pm

Yeah, some of those trolling motors have amazing power. I used to have a little 12' Sears jon boat and put a 30 pound thrust Minn-Kota on it, and it was faster than the little one-horse air-cooled motor I had on there at first, and much quieter. The trolling motor would eat up a battery, though. This was about 25 years ago, so I know the motors now are much more powerful and efficient.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

BEAGLE
scout

Post by BEAGLE » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:29 am

I just about sunk my boat with the battiers in the back of the boat a total of 4 deep sel 's so i had to take the trolling motor off till i find a way to cut a hole in the deck for 2 of the batters
I FORGOT HOW TO FISH NOW IAM BACK TRYING TO REMEMBER HOW TO BUT IT DONT SEAM LIKE ITS WORKING

Return to “FISHING BOATS FORUM”