FYI- Boating safety course law update

Discuss all your Fishing boats that you use here. Bass Boats, John Boats, Gheenoes, Canoes ect.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

flhuntfish
Junior Assistant Scout Master
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

FYI- Boating safety course law update

Post by flhuntfish » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:59 pm

Boating safety course is now required for anyone born after Jan 1, 1988 if the boats motor is 10hp or greater.

http://www.myfwc.com/Newsroom/09/statew ... Change.htm

:toast

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: FYI- Boating safety course law update

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:17 pm

I almost wish it was required for everyone.Some of the yahoo's I see have no business operating a boat, much less a vehicle or lawnmower
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

john l
Assistant Scout Master

Post by john l » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:50 pm

Hey I know my rights!

DONY1

Post by DONY1 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:55 pm

I took the course a while back and saved about $150 a year off for the 2 boats I have insurance on. Down here it seems like every idiot and they're brother owns a boat and could use a course or three. Every once in a while we head over to a local watering hole and watch the dumb :ahole at the ramps try to load and unload while we get a buzz and a chuckle. :clown :clown

flhuntfish

Post by flhuntfish » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:13 pm

Man back when i had my boat I'd be at the ramps and so many people had no idea what they were doin. Just watchin people back a trailer up is comical enough :lol:

kemster99
Eagle Scout

Post by kemster99 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:13 pm

DONY1 wrote:I took the course a while back and saved about $150 a year off for the 2 boats I have insurance on. Down here it seems like every idiot and they're brother owns a boat and could use a course or three. Every once in a while we head over to a local watering hole and watch the dumb :ahole at the ramps try to load and unload while we get a buzz and a chuckle. :clown :clown
that is the best entertainment on a weekend afternoon. i go over to Gandy boat ramp here. a very busy ramp, when the weather is nice. have left there with a head ache from laughing to much.
#### Who's your daddy----Hunt Team####

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:19 pm

I had to get out of my truck and back a friggin trailer for a lady last year. She had 20 trucks behind her and could not back the trailer more than 10' w/o it jack knifing. People got out of their trucks and were clapping for me when I did it.
This was memorial day weekend in Steinhatchee on the only ramp in town. Kinda busy I might say
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Return to “FISHING BOATS FORUM”