Got my fingers crossed

Discuss all your Fishing boats that you use here. Bass Boats, John Boats, Gheenoes, Canoes ect.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Got my fingers crossed

Post by DONY1 » Thu May 13, 2010 6:48 am

Found this on craigslist for sale http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/1735541359.html

I've been looking for the right deal for about a year now and this looks like the 1 I want. I've got an 18 hp sitting in my shop just begging for a boat to play with. I called the guy yesterday and he has someone interested but is only holding it till Thursday. He said he's not sure the guy has the money so if he doesn't take it by then it's mine. :clap Problem is I'm leaving in a couple hours to the new lease and won't be back till Sunday. I'm hoping he's a man of his word and will hold it but you never know.

Now telling the ol lady is another story. :eek :taz :taz She's gonna :sheet
I'll park it next to the pop up I'm bringing home in a few weeks that she don't know about either. :lol:

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: Got my fingers crossed

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu May 13, 2010 6:54 am

Sweet boat. I honestly don't think you can beat a gheenoe for skinny water and bass fishing. I have the 13' old school gheenoe, although no trailer. I slide it in the back of my truck with a troll motor. I also got a 4hp Mercury I can put on the back of it if needed. Its just a PIA to do. Would be much easier with a trailer. I have caught more fish out of that boat than all other boats combined

Oh and BTW....I have learned after 14 years of marriage, its easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission :smartass
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

DONY1

Post by DONY1 » Thu May 13, 2010 7:01 am

:lol: :lol: That's what I was thinking.

pcbfish
Junior Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by pcbfish » Thu May 13, 2010 8:29 am

Use the term my wife uses, BUT IT WAS ON SALE! :innocent

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 pm

If I had the means and desire for a boat or something and my wife dared say anything, she better say it while packing her bags! As long as bills are paid, food's in the kitchen and we got clean clothes, I don't ask permission or apologize for anything I do. It's worked for 22 years!
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Fri May 14, 2010 6:53 am

GoodOyster wrote:If I had the means and desire for a boat or something and my wife dared say anything, she better say it while packing her bags! As long as bills are paid, food's in the kitchen and we got clean clothes, I don't ask permission or apologize for anything I do. It's worked for 22 years!
plus one.. my "broom rider" can get the hell out the day she tells me what i can buy or not buy.. I JUST DO IT.. thats it.

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Fri May 14, 2010 7:09 am

you guys rock. guess I'm just whipped, or too tired to put up a fight, at 53 I pick my battles/fights a little more carefully, some just aren't worth the effort. as long as I get the last word "YES DEAR" alls good. would like to use my old 4x4 pu a little more. ever since we traded car for truck she likes the truck and for my job it's alot cheaper on gas in the car, and she really gets pissed every time I use the truck I bring it back muddy/bloody and reaks of stink corn and no gas in it.can't understand why she don't like to trade, plus the last time she used the car it broke down on her. and those thong panties in the backseat I only use to clean the windows, "I swear".
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

DONY1

Post by DONY1 » Sun May 16, 2010 9:43 pm

@!%#$$#@ Looks like the guy came up with the cash. Guess I'll just have to keep looking. :(

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Sun May 16, 2010 9:56 pm

Keep looking! Lots of gheenoes out there for sale!
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

DONY1

Post by DONY1 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:24 pm

Made a deal with a guy in Georgia today. Gheenoe Classic with a 20 hp Johnson and trailer. I'm gonna be at my lease this next weekend and gonna drive north to pick it up Friday or Saturday. :clap

I've been looking for one for a while and unlike my buddy, I don't have the patience to wait anymore. Pretty good price but I'll have to add the little things I was looking for. Just gives me another list to work on when I get a chance.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:30 pm

great dony! I gotta take my yak out.. its just sitting there.. lol

DONY1

Post by DONY1 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:35 pm

With all the fishing your doing I'm surprised your not using it more. A yak is next on my list. I'll let you know when I get one and we can try the peas again. If I can find some kind of wheels for a gheenoe like they have for yaks we can try out that spot I told you about down here where I caught the big one. :toast

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:37 pm

i might sell my yak.. dont know.. let me know if your interested.. I got one the best on the market with the full fishing package... just no rudder.

DONY1

Post by DONY1 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:40 pm

Gotta set aside some more play money first but when I'm ready I'll let you know.

Return to “FISHING BOATS FORUM”