Never fails

Discuss all your Fishing boats that you use here. Bass Boats, John Boats, Gheenoes, Canoes ect.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Never fails

Post by DONY1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:13 pm

While putting in the flats boat a couple weeks ago I had an axle snap. :taz I took it to my boat mechanic to have him fix it a couple days later. Of course after really looking at the trailer I realized I needed to sink some serious dough into it. And I just got the boat back after sinking a ton into it to take care of the ethanol issues and a TPI sensor along with a bunch of minor things. I was leaving for vacation for a week and told them to just fix whatever needed to be done and I'll pick it up when I get back (I need to quit doing that). Well, the final outcome was 2 new axles, 4 new hubs, 2 new bunks, 4 new bunk brackets, new winch and strap, new spare tire bracket and moved the boat back on the trailer to get rid of some of the tongue weight. For another grand I could have just bought a new trailer but it pulls like a dream now. This trailer lasted 11 yrs. without any major problems so I guess I got my moneys worth. Of course I've got the boat running in top notch order now and hunting season is here. :pinch

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: Never fails

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:40 am

At the rate I (don't) fish, and putting my boat in way up river in brackish water, mine will last till I am about 127 years old
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

HCON3
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by HCON3 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:21 am

Wow talk about a blank ck. Sounds like they changed everything except the frame (Aluminum I hope) and the tires and rims! I did the same thing by dropping an axle coming back from the Keys one year on those railroad tracks coming through Clewiston.

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:11 am

Just swapped out the bunk supports on mine, replaced the rims and tires about 2 year ago. I am just buying time until the leaf springs and hubs need replaced. Not looking forward to it.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

Return to “FISHING BOATS FORUM”