Portable fuel tanks

Discuss all your Fishing boats that you use here. Bass Boats, John Boats, Gheenoes, Canoes ect.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Portable fuel tanks

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:46 pm

Shakedown cruise did not go so swell. Speaking of swells...the wind was blowing up the river about 30mph. Me and my sister put the boat in and I got the motor fired up. Headed down the river and the motor just didn't sound right. Like it was missing and wouldn't get up to speed. I figured since we were heading into the wind that might have been the issue.
Turned around and headed back towards the ramp since I knew the motor was rough. Figured I would try to go up the river a ways and get around some willow trees to try and catch some bluegills. Motor conked out and I could not get it restarted. By this time the wind was out of control and a thunderstorm was coming.
My sister looked at me and asked what should we do? I told her to grab a F*&^%$# paddle and put it to use
Got back finally, loaded everything up, and went to Hooter's for lunch. I'll have my buddy look at this motor again here soon
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Portable fuel tanks

Post by DONY1 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:00 pm

That sucks. Been planning all week on going out for some tarpon tonight. 2 boats together.
Steady wind about 20 mph all day. Already had 2 guys back out and another one keeps sticking his head out of the office and calling me to see if I've seen how windy it is. Moon and tides are perfect for me here. Unless my one buddy backs out I'm going!

Return to “FISHING BOATS FORUM”