too early?

Discuss all your Turkey Hunting here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Star Scout

too early?

Post by 30.06 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:35 am

so i am already scouting for turkey season, is it too early? seems like the birds in green swamp are already breaking into smaller groups. i will have the time to turkey hunt and scout this year, and have been practicing calling. it is those mouth calls that are difficult to use. i will be trying hard to seal the deal and get my first turkey this season.
OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: too early?

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:54 am

Been seeing flocks of toms together in my travels. I am hearing reports of gobbling in various parts of the state
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

milkman
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by milkman » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:44 pm

Its never too early. The most important thing right now is learning the land. Learn every obstacle that might hold up a gobbler. They are starting to establish dominance right now so the gobbling should pick up every day.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
"Guys today don't know what real turkey hunting is. They don't carry on a conversation with the turkeys. They just sit in a blind and wait for the birds to come to them." Denny Gulvas

born2hunt
Assistant Patrol Leader

Re: too early?

Post by born2hunt » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:45 pm

To early ? Heck, Ive had the itch since half way through deer season. Cant wait...

Return to “TURKEY HUNTING FORUM”