Good luck!

Discuss all your Turkey Hunting here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Good luck!

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:10 am

To everyone taking a chitlin hunting this youth weekend weekend. Be safe and shoot straight. Take plenty of pics!!
:skeet
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

down4dacount
Second Class Scout

Re: Good luck!

Post by down4dacount » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:04 pm

Same to you and your son Al , and to all the youth out there chasing Thunderchickens . We are headed to my buddies Mormon lease . Hopefully Jr scores on a good one .
Whack Em and Stack Em Pro Staff
ShotKam Prostaff
Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by DONY1 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:58 pm

Good luck guys!

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:33 pm

Turkey ghost town today. Not a peep this morning. I had my ear muffs turned way up this morning and couldn't even hear any way off. Nothing. And the owls were raising hell. Did see a deer and a herd of hogs

This afternoon I did manage to call in 2 very scrawny hens. Last time I think I will ever use decoys. I had a hen and jake deke out. These 2 hens came running in, hit the brakes and got nervous and left when they realized they were inanimate. I called one hen back and we got a little back and forth going but she wouldn't hang around. Then my boy had to poop so we called it,,

My buddy and his brother both had kids score in Lake city area and he said they are gobbling good there. One early AM and the other at 3PM

The woods are so freakin wet I have seen deer and hogs on the side of the highway feeding every trip back and forth so far
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Return to “TURKEY HUNTING FORUM”