Prairie Lakes

Discuss all your Turkey Hunting here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Batemaster
Tenderfoot

Prairie Lakes

Post by Batemaster » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:16 pm

Has anyone turkey hunted out at Prairie Lakes? I have a permit this weekend and will be there Friday-Sunday. I've been to Three Lakes many times but Prairie Lakes looks different. There's not much cypress and many oaks. Should I focus my efforts in the walk in area to the east or on the shores of Lake Marian or Lake Jackson? I'll be able to hopefully scout on Friday and roost some birds. Thanks!

dadsahuntin
scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Prairie Lakes

Post by dadsahuntin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:11 am

Back around Lake Jackson is where I have seen the most. Road 18 is the road after boat ramp road. Drive back a bit through the sugar sand which isnt bad. Park back there and find a spot to sit...also across the road from road 18 on the three lakes 60 side. Find the creek that runs from Lake Marian and hunt around that area. I have the weekend of April 11th out there so leave me one will ya?

You could also walk the woods along Lake Jackson in between road 18. Real good area there as well.

Batemaster
Tenderfoot

Re: Prairie Lakes

Post by Batemaster » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:06 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I had marked that area as one to look at so that's reassuring. I will give you a good report when I get back!

Return to “TURKEY HUNTING FORUM”