Bird house?

A place where you can discuss everything other then hunting and fishing. General Discussion forums.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

treefarmer
Ordeal

Bird house?

Post by treefarmer » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:12 pm

How do y'all like our new bird house, it's a Massey Ferguson. Was fixin' to use this tractor the other day and noticed a wren flying in and out of the nose. I removed the grill and under the power steering cylinder was a nest complete with eggs. This is the 2nd time wrens have nested in the nose of this old tractor. Had they been building the nest, I would have went ahead and used the tractor and they could relocate, but seein' they got this far it'll just sit till they hatch and fly away.
Treefarmer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bellyacher
First Class Scout

Re: Bird house?

Post by bellyacher » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:23 pm

Ive seen them bird nests burn a tractor down.
Be polite, be professional, BUT have a plan to kill everybody you meet

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Cr0ck1 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:23 am

Nice. I need a tractor. Really want a ford 8n.

Nice birds nest!

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:24 am

That front bumber has gotta be one of the most gangsta additions ive ever seen in place of a front bumber!!! Lol

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:41 am

Actually that's the grill hangin' on a long all thread. I took it off to get a picture of the wren's nest. It's back in place now. The long all thread bolt is a modification on the front pivot pin to keep it in its' proper place. I have 2 different bumpers for this old tractor, one is the stock bumper and the other in a 6' long piece of railroad iron used mostly as added weight when we used this tractor to pull 4-16 inch bottom plows. Neither one is needed now so they are out by the barn.
Treefarmer

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:11 am

Those house wrens build a nest in my garage every year. I try to shoo them out if I catch them building it. This year they are out in my boat shed. Probably a nest in my ole jon boat
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

sam03
Ordeal

Post by sam03 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:10 pm

build them tractor house of there own. lol
I like animals, they are tasty!

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:52 pm

There are numerous wren nests in my shop and around our out buildings. Don't know what the draw is to a manmade nest site. They are just special little birds that I was introduced to by a special aunt probably 65 years ago when I was just a little shaver. They were Aunt Lily's most favorite bird for some reason.
Treefarmer

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:53 pm

The wrens have hatched. Not a great picture but you can see their little yellow beaks. Each time I remove the grill on the tractor an adult wren flies out of the tractor. they'll be gone in week or so.
Treefarmer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “THE CAMPFIRE”