Treestands

A place where you can discuss everything other then hunting and fishing. General Discussion forums.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

jtcmedic
Troop Guide

Treestands

Post by jtcmedic » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:12 pm

Hay all just got a new climbing harness at Walmart at store they were 50.00 on the web site they were 34.92 they honored it at the register Gorilla Gear G-Tac Vest Safety Harness
image.png
be safe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DUTY, PRIDE, TRADITION

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Treestands

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:19 am

I have been using a gorilla vest for the last 2 seasons and really like it, especially the pockets built into it.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

treefarmer
Ordeal

Re: Treestands

Post by treefarmer » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:59 am

Ah, the good ol' days remembered! My favorite stand was a welding shop copy of an early Amaker climber. You could skin a pine tree like a cat squirrel with those stands. Once the big spikes were "hubbed up" in the tree, you could dance a jig on it! All those years using that type stand we didn't even know about safety harnesses. Over the seasons I had heard of several folks falling, one a school board member, while I was working. He died as a result of that fall.
I would highly advise everyone to become comfortable with these safety harnesses and use them! Now I believe they come with most every stand sold, no excuses!
If I wasn't so white headed and didn't have these new joints, I would be right there with y'all that sit on climbers and ladders! Nothin' better than sitting high above and watchin' Bambi easin' along! Of course when it's 30 degrees and raining these shootin' houses with the executive type office chairs and propane heaters sure feels good.
Hang in there boys and have a good season, use your safety harnesses!
Treefarmer

Return to “THE CAMPFIRE”