9/11

A place where you can discuss everything other then hunting and fishing. General Discussion forums.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

9dawgs

9/11

Post by 9dawgs » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:18 pm

In light of the events that occurred 15 years ago, today's message at church couldn't have happened at a better time. At my fellowship we work our way through the bible chapter by chapter, verse by verse. We have been in John's Gospel on Sunday's and today we started on chapter 17 where Jesus prays for Himself as He approaches the cross and for His disciples.

In verse 5 He asks the Father to glorify Him with the glory He had before the beginning of the world. In verse 10 He states that He is glorified in us, His disciples. You take that and compare it with the glory of His throne in Revelation 4 & 5 and you see that whatever we go through here on earth, we have the glory of God that awaits us when we meet Him face to face. With that knowledge we can be fearless for Him in His service. Amen, fight the good fight brothers.

treefarmer
Ordeal

Re: 9/11

Post by treefarmer » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:50 pm

Jim, We studied Isa. 43:1-7 in Sunday School where we learned of the protection afforded God's people, referencing of course the children of Israel but bringing it forward to the age of grace we are afforded the same protection. We may have to go through the waters or the fire but He promises He will be with us. 9/11 was discussed in the light of this passage and it was determined the message for us today was we were created to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. The consensus of the class was that as a nation we are doing our best to remove God from our nation and there have been and will continue to be consequences maybe similar to the statements found in the words of Isaiah concerning countries that oppose Him.
Treefarmer

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Bossman » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:08 am

I normally don't jump in on these topics much, because I haven't been as faithful of a christian as I should have been. But if this country doesn't bring a little more god back into the works of it we will fail as a nation. King Obummer has done nothing for this country but make things worse. He has brought seperation between different races. (Black lives matter) Killery is going to bring nothing else to help matters. I feel that the first thing that she is going to want is to take our rights to bare arms. If you think of it, that very thing has already started. They have started limiting our ability to get ammunition. This is the first step in removing weapons. Most people if they can't get ammunition to shot in their guns they think why have them. Enough said!

"God's Speed" Let's take back out country!
Bossman

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Post by JBUG308 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:46 am

Bossman wrote:I normally don't jump in on these topics much, because I haven't been as faithful of a christian as I should have been. But if this country doesn't bring a little more god back into the works of it we will fail as a nation. King Obummer has done nothing for this country but make things worse. He has brought seperation between different races. (Black lives matter) Killery is going to bring nothing else to help matters. I feel that the first thing that she is going to want is to take our rights to bare arms. If you think of it, that very thing has already started. They have started limiting our ability to get ammunition. This is the first step in removing weapons. Most people if they can't get ammunition to shot in their guns they think why have them. Enough said!

"God's Speed" Let's take back out country!
You are exactly correct.
God said if we turn our backs on the evil, wicked ways and turn to Him he will bless us.
Every day I see something going on in this country that is removing The Word and replacing it with something from the world. It's all there in history folks - every time Israel turned from God he allowed calamity to follow - raids from other kingdoms, conquered by Babylon (and taken into exile!).
Even Israel's enemies knew the power of their God! (Daniel)

Return to “THE CAMPFIRE”