Hurricane Matthew

A place where you can discuss everything other then hunting and fishing. General Discussion forums.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Hurricane Matthew

Post by Bossman » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:18 pm

Well FOHAF members I thought that I'd start a thread on Matthew. First and fore most I pray for everyone to remain safe and out of harms way. I just thought that I'd start something that folks could post and keep everyone updated on the storm. I will have to go to work Friday morning not knowing when to return home. I think that I have all orders in affair at the home front, hopefully we're far enough west not to lose power. (We'll see) Maybe folks can post some pictures of the storm.
Bossman

treefarmer
Ordeal

Re: Hurricane Matthew

Post by treefarmer » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:44 pm

Bossman,
We're sittin' purty over in the Panhandle for now. Our concern is the number of kin folks in our extended families, both sides, that live from West Palm Beach north to above Titusville, all over Merritt Island and east Orange County, Ft. Christmas and east side of Orlando. I join you in praying that all the folks will be safe. The news reported this afternoon, all the hotels in Dothan, Alabama are booked solid due to folks coming in from Florida's east coast.
We used to just ride 'em out back in the old days. Remember going to my uncle's house for storms as his was the only concrete block house in the community, that was in the late 1940s. Back then we knew a hurricane was comin' but had none of the sophisticated weather reports to keep us up to date.
Hope and pray you and your crew will be safe. That's one thing about retirement, you ain't got to get out in it if you don't want to.
Be safe,
Treefarmer

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:52 pm

AND THEY SAID IT COULDN'T BE DONE! I just got my truck AND the wife's car both in the 2 car garage (at the same time) & was even able to close the door. That should ensure no winds over 30 mph here on the W side. Good luck to all on the other coast, stay safe.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

jtcmedic
Troop Guide

Post by jtcmedic » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:15 pm

Good luck to all be safe
DUTY, PRIDE, TRADITION

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:05 am

Well the roads are empty this morning and are clear the the moment. This is the calm before the storm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bossman

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:51 pm

Pleased to report no problems encountered by any of our kin folks so far! I know and realize there was some damage but I can't help being amused by the weather channel people sensationalizing this. They saw a tree floating in the surf and a stop sign had been blown down and water even came in on the 1st floor of their hotel, an inch deep!
The way I see it, the various power companies' linemen will be the heroes when they get all the service restored. Some folks have never experienced this sort of outage and can't understand why it takes so long to get their A/C and phone charger up and runnin'.
Treefarmer.

jtcmedic
Troop Guide

Post by jtcmedic » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:02 pm

So far good for all my family.
DUTY, PRIDE, TRADITION

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:05 am

I still can't tweet or snapchat! Oh that's right, I never could, or would want to.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

bellyacher
First Class Scout

Post by bellyacher » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:16 pm

lost power Friday about noon. Got it back today at 7:30 this eve. Glad I had a generator this time. installed a window A/C got frig, some lights and the TV going. Wasn't to bad. Was very glad to shut it down though. No damage here just a lot of small to medium limbs and a few tons of moss down.Will be very happy to clean that up cuz it could have been a lot worse. Glad I had several water oaks near the house taken down a few months back. Hope nobody has any bad damage and all is OK
Be polite, be professional, BUT have a plan to kill everybody you meet

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:41 pm

All I lost was the internet connection for about 12 hours. 2 trashcans and 3 contractor bags of leaves & branches and we are clean around the house. The lease however is a different story. My members cut their way in yesterday and are out there today cutting their way down all the interior roads. The campsite made it through with no issues thankfully.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:24 pm

Well folks, I'm glad to say that the home front faired very well and the hunting camp did Just as well. I had to work all day Friday until 10:00 PM Friday night. By 01:00 AM Saturday morning all of the customers had their power back on. I will say that we have faired a lot better than the east side of the state. The last rumor that I heard was we only had 5,000 customers without power.
Bossman

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:38 pm

All we got was a wet branch! Im glad everyone is ok!!

Return to “THE CAMPFIRE”