My Thanksgiving. SUCKED!!!

A place where you can discuss everything other then hunting and fishing. General Discussion forums.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

My Thanksgiving. SUCKED!!!

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:23 am

Well the day of was ok i guess.

We went up camping and had a big whole camp dinner with the entire camp with a lot of food. We also went mudding with the 4 wheelers thurs, & Fri! Actually had my 4 wheeler swimming on a wheelie down the peace river!. That was fun.

BUT>

We had stayed with a business associate in his camper. This guy is one of my accounts. He makes me a lot of money. We had stayed with them many times before id say about 4. everything went fine.

We payed for our stay up there (part of his campsite) and brought food for the entire days and nights we were there. so we "Covered ourselves" so no-one can ever say "were freeloaders" even tho were were invited.

So Friday night we all started drinking.. my buddy was drinking since the morning. I was not cause i was in the mud bogg and by the peace river beach all day swimming my 4 wheeler.

Well as night fell the Fireball whisky came out. We drank two full bottles & about 20 jello tequila shots, And i noticed my buddy was getting hammered. like being too touchy feely, grabbing onto people, loud ect. (One of those guys)

Now this is a good family friend whose i also do business with (i keep stressing this because this is why i didn't kick his azz)

So we saw he was getting out of hand so me, my wife, and daughter decided to just go take a walk and shower at the shower house and stuff. because his wife said "i need to get him to bed once he's in bed well be ok" were like wtf?

Ok so we go for about an hour and come back... Now when i got there i was checking my phone because i sunk it on the river. And i looked at it and said "damit, this dam thing is screwed"... out of no where my buddy gets up breathing like a dragon, fist pumped and got in my face like "were gonna fight". I just said "dude your drunk go relax" but he was a different person (i think he might of did a line of coke) not that we do that nor was that an option or was anyone using drugs as we do NOT use any king of drugs. I just know that coke does that to people as i had a lot of friends tho did that kind of thing back in the day.

So we took another walk (Walk #2). On this walk i told my wife "maybe we should just pack up and go home." But it wasn't that easy because all of our stuff was in their camper, we had 2, 4 wheelers, and 2 coolers and our truck and trailer was parked like a half mile away in the overflow parking..

So we got there and started to pack, His wife "Who was now hammered on tequila jello shots" said "where the hell are you going" i said "were going to leave just so y'all can get some private time to sober up and relax"

OH MAN. my friend stands up and gets in my face fists clinched, pumping his chest, breathing like a dragon on adrenaline, and says YOUR NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!!!!" and i just tell my wife "Grab out stuff from the camper while i load up all our stuff on 2, 4 wheelers so we can ride to the truck". This guy gets in my wife's face in the same manor fists clenched breathing like a dragon nose to nose. and my wife just stands there. Now I'm waiting for him to put his hands on my wife because thats where the line gets drawn.. He didn't. My wife continued to load up and he gets back in my face..

he says "WHY ARE YOU LEAVING"!!! I say dude" your wasted, your disrespecting us and we feel like something bad is going to happen". right when i said that his wife walks up and he pushes her into my wife, he wife allmost falls and he tells his wife "Shut up and get the F back in the camper women.."

His wife looks at me and says "see what you started" just leave go on" and i said "why are you yelling at me?" Then he comes back and says "don't you yell at my lady" I'm like WTF.. told my wife to get the stuff fast are leaving..

He gets back in my face and I'm looking at him and said "dude your drunk, I'm not going to hit you because your my friend and drunk,but you need to relax, your my friend you need time to chill out, Well leave at 12 am and drive 2 hours home its ok. We don't need this shart nor do i want to see you hit your wife or possible put your hands on me or my daughter or wife.

he says were gonna fight cause your not leaving I'm gonna kick your azz .. Then my daughter who's 17 says "your not kicking no ones azz" and i tell him look bud your drunk once again.. I'm not gonna fight you.. (for 1 i would beat him down cause i was totally sober and even if he was sober he wouldn't have a chance.. but anyway)

Finally we got all our stuff, 2 coolers, all our clothing, 2 bags, i mean a lot of stuff, camping chairs.. all on 2, 4 wheelers and drove slow back to the truck and loaded up at 12 am. had to drive the 4 wheelers slow so we didn't drop anything in the dark, Loaded up, drove 2 hours home..

The whole ride was just surprised and had no idea what just had happened. we were all sober.

Worse thanksgiving ever. Friend still hasn't called back to say he was sorry. him and his wife have a toxic relationship.

This is the reason why i have NO FRIENDS!!!!.. no time for crap like that..

Don't get me wrong i feel like i should clocked him and knocked him out cold as the days go by and he still hasn't called to apologize. But you can't change the past...

Sucks ...

eaj1010
scout

Re: My Thanksgiving. SUCKED!!!

Post by eaj1010 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:03 pm

Crock,
I completely understand. I have had friends that act exactly like that. This is why I say "I have had friends that act exactly like that" They are no longer my friends. Can't stand people like that. Was the Four wheeling good?

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:47 pm

Oh hell yea. 4 wheelin was packed. Bout 100 or more 4wheelers and side by sides!! All fun no drama!! I flipped my beast in thr peace river twice but saved it, no water in snorkel.. awesome time!!

But the stay with my friend was horrible.

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:55 pm

Hate to hear your weekend got ruined like that. Sounds like that ole boy got whiskey bent and hell bound. Never seen anyone get that tore up off fireball but that tequila or as I like to call it, liquid d***head, will do it every time. Good chance he doesn't remember most of the evening and the parts he does, more than likely embarrassed.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:39 pm

Well havent heard from him since fri night when we left. No idea on how this will turn out.

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:46 pm

Well you know what the ole adage says... Don't mix business with pleasure. If this man has brought lots of money to your pockets your best bet is to bite the bullet and be professional confront him and mend business relations, Then take the family out for a night out on the town. (Without friends)
Bossman

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:18 pm

Been thinkin how to approach this. Its touchy.

jtcmedic
Troop Guide

Post by jtcmedic » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:24 pm

Have to agree with bossman. Fix the business side. Be up front and decent. I would not suggest over drinks.......ohh
DUTY, PRIDE, TRADITION

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:34 pm

So much happened that was azz whooping material. Ive been debating my angle.

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:07 am

Nothing breaks the ice like some humor, he may be thinking the same thing at the moment. Not sure how to approach you after what happened. I am not saying sell out for the $, but make sure to reestablish the business relationship and know going forward to keep anything personal out of it.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:30 pm

YOU ARE NOT THE ONE WITH THE PROBLEM. What I did was to tell my best friend that I can no longer stand being around you when you are drunk. I won't be an enabler or hypocritical & drink with you. You will always be like a brother to me, but I'm only gonna visit you in the mornings before you are drunk. I had to do the same thing with my younger brother. Yes our relationships suffered. Both of them are now dead. My brother found help with AA & we had a good relationship until the end. Either he doesn't remember at all, or just how bad he was. If that's what you call a friend, who needs enemies. I doubt you are the first or last person he has pulled this on. That kind of abuse runs deeper than the booze IMO. YOU TOOK THE HIGH ROAD, perhaps contact him & tell him you would like to continue a personal & business relationship but CANNOT & WILL NOT subject your wife & kid to behavior like that EVER AGAIN. Don't fall for the "it was just the booze & it won't happen again BS. If it happens again it's on you, but punch his lights out & business be dammed.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:59 pm

Good advice! Thx dave.

Kortsman
Star Scout

Post by Kortsman » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:06 pm

Was that a Peace River Camp Ground?

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:52 pm

Yup

Kortsman
Star Scout

Post by Kortsman » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:26 pm

Aside from the crappy time you had, that place is great! We do our yearly family camping trip there!
My kids are little pranksters... We bought a replica megladon shark tooth and they acted like they just found it in the sand by the beach area. You should have seen the people's reaction... lol... They were freaking out!
My brother in law and I were cracking up laughing!
But it's a good place to go and get away. We always stay in the tent area and try to find the secluded sites. It's always a good time.

Return to “THE CAMPFIRE”