I'm Back...

A place where you can discuss everything other then hunting and fishing. General Discussion forums.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

9dawgs

I'm Back...

Post by 9dawgs » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:02 pm

Hey Guys, I've been absent for a while. I looked and my last post was December last year! Man, time flies. Anyhow I was in a serious truck wreck at the end of January and was laid up for a few weeks. My poor old truck was totaled when a teenager pulled out in front of me. The picture is below. I was doing about 50mph. He pulled out about 20ft in front of me making a cross traffic turn. I hit his mini van at the passenger door. Didn't even have time to hit the brakes. I was conscious the whole time and just went for a wild ride! Wound up on the sidewalk next to a big 'ol power pole. Got away with a few broken ribs, broken collar bone, and two wracked ankles. Seat belts and airbags are your friend...use them. All is well now. The kid didn't get hurt by the way, other than his pride and pocket book.

I picked up a nice 2001 King Ranch to replace the White Beast.

So things are good. In fact my wife and I just returned from Africa. We were there for a little over a month from June 28th to July 3rd. I'm back in action at the church now, but it looks like we'll probably be moving to Africa full time early next year sometime. Most likely in the Spring. We're committing to 5 years but we'll see what the Lord says. I'd appreciate some prayers from those of you who do so. It's a big step for us.

The good thing is, there are plenty of mountain pigs and antelope to hunt where we'll be! Haha! I have a friend there who has shotguns, a 30-30 and a .243. I won't even need to hassle with bringing any of my guns! And the antelope is good eating. Never had the pig there other than warthog but I'm sure it'll taste like pork.

The other big news is that two of my daughters are pregnant! One for the first time, the other already has two children and these coming are twins! Whoop Whoop! That'll bring the grand baby count up to 13!

Alright, that's all I have for now. Looks like there hasn't been a whole lot of activity on here. Hope everyone is doing well.

IMG_1934.JPG
2001KingRanch.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: I'm Back...

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:38 pm

Glad ur back!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:19 pm

Good to be back. Shame that there's not much activity on here. What happened??

jtcmedic
Troop Guide

Post by jtcmedic » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:50 pm

Glad your ok ,
DUTY, PRIDE, TRADITION

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:59 pm

I just opened the thread on "farming" and didn't see all the happenings in your life, Jim. Thank the Lord you weren't hurt any worse than you described! But that still must have been some painful recovery. Interesting to hear of your call to the mission field. Like to hear more about it. Like I said in the other thread, when you plan to come through Chipley let us know and maybe we could have a short visit.
Treefarmer

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:11 am

no body is around much

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:05 pm

Allways here.. the economy picked up so much its all work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Post by JBUG308 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:00 am

Glad you made it out of accident okay and excited for the road the Lord is taking you down!

OutDormamu
scout

Post by OutDormamu » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:18 am

What a wreck, glad you are ok. Welcome back

Return to “THE CAMPFIRE”