Plantars.

A place where you can discuss everything other then hunting and fishing. General Discussion forums.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Plantars.

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:53 pm

..I know there was a thread about this.. BUT my Plantar on the bottom of my left heel has gotten so bad that its hard to walk normally now..

wonder what do to..

Might need an operation.. any opinions?

HTTR
scout
Hunt or Fish: Fisher

Re: Plantars.

Post by HTTR » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:21 pm

Cr0ck1 wrote:..I know there was a thread about this.. BUT my Plantar on the bottom of my left heel has gotten so bad that its hard to walk normally now..

wonder what do to..

I had the same thing, I tried the store stuff you paint on and it didn’t work for me. So I finally went to the doc he’s got a funnel and a can of air duster lol and he will freeze it dead no problem. Unless it is worse then mine then they may cut it out. Doc was the best route for me when I couldn’t walk right though. I have another on the same foot but now but no pain or growth so I ignore it. Now that I wrote that last part down I may ask the doc about it next time because reading back to myself makes it sound like a bad idea haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kortsman
Star Scout

Post by Kortsman » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:00 am

I thought you were talkin about peanuts!

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:27 pm

HTTR wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:21 pm
Cr0ck1 wrote:..I know there was a thread about this.. BUT my Plantar on the bottom of my left heel has gotten so bad that its hard to walk normally now..

wonder what do to..

I had the same thing, I tried the store stuff you paint on and it didn’t work for me. So I finally went to the doc he’s got a funnel and a can of air duster lol and he will freeze it dead no problem. Unless it is worse then mine then they may cut it out. Doc was the best route for me when I couldn’t walk right though. I have another on the same foot but now but no pain or growth so I ignore it. Now that I wrote that last part down I may ask the doc about it next time because reading back to myself makes it sound like a bad idea haha

Dont think you can freeze anything with plantat infaciatis. Lol

Its like pain inside the center of my heal.. hurts like hell!!

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:28 pm

Kortsman wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:00 am
I thought you were talkin about peanuts!

Lol

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:26 pm

I had some serious pain coming from the arch of my foot right in front of the heal a few years back. Wearing flip flops all the time may of been the culprit. Noticed when I wore dress shoes with a raised heel it helped alleviate the pain. Started wearing western boots with my work clothes, haven't had that pain in years now.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

HTTR
scout

Post by HTTR » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:08 pm

Sorry thought you meant the warts. I’ve had the muscle issues too, I use to run track and cross country. It could be a heal spur but either way freeze a water bottle then put it on the floor on a towel and roll your foot on the bottle. You can really stretch and ice that area. I ended up being prescribed heel lifts that I wore in my shoes to stop the pain seems like triple creek has a home remedy similar to that lol. After the heel wedges I started buying insoles for my work boots. You may need arch support. Stretch lol

Kortsman
Star Scout

Post by Kortsman » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:15 pm

Try those orthotics that give some arch support. And do the stretching exercises. That should help out. It'll take a while, but it may slowly get better.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:29 pm

Gonna try thr frozen bottled water tonight!!

HTTR
scout

Post by HTTR » Fri May 04, 2018 3:58 pm

How’d it go?

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:59 pm

Hadnt had time!! Ill try it tomorrow when i do my nightly cigar and coffee.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Sun May 06, 2018 6:15 am

ok corrective shoes. Also every night morning. soak foot in ice water for about 5, them in hot water for about 5, repeat 4 or 5 times. Freeze a water bottle roll in under your foot. I remember it felt good when I stretched it after soaking in hot water at the end of the routine. You need to hold the stretch for 2 min I stretch my Achilles by hanging from a steep or the shower ledge by your toes might help here to, because after my plantar I pulled my Achilles.

tehttps://www.verywell.com/stretching-exercises-f ... 49946ndons take time to stretch.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Sun May 06, 2018 6:16 am

really warm it up before stretching its better.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sun May 06, 2018 8:00 pm

TerribleTed wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:15 am
ok corrective shoes. Also every night morning. soak foot in ice water for about 5, them in hot water for about 5, repeat 4 or 5 times. Freeze a water bottle roll in under your foot. I remember it felt good when I stretched it after soaking in hot water at the end of the routine. You need to hold the stretch for 2 min I stretch my Achilles by hanging from a steep or the shower ledge by your toes might help here to, because after my plantar I pulled my Achilles.

tehttps://www.verywell.com/stretching-exercises-f ... 49946ndons take time to stretch.

yea i noticed.. that when i roll my arch on a step it stretches it out and im good for a couple days.. Ima try all this stuff asap.. just been so darn busy. thanks all!!

jtcmedic
Troop Guide

Post by jtcmedic » Mon May 07, 2018 8:10 pm

Insole may help. Agree with no flops got to support them feet. You may have another thing usually with plantar fasciitis it is lack of support flat foot. But with all the years of flooring with the testing on the tops while on your knees may have done something. If you have a podiatrist see them .
DUTY, PRIDE, TRADITION

Return to “THE CAMPFIRE”