out in woods

A place where you can discuss everything other then hunting and fishing. General Discussion forums.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

out in woods

Post by drgn4sr » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:47 pm

Went out to the woods with my Son yesterday. In the Lake Delancy area of Ocala Forest. Just scouting around. It was really great to be out and being warmed by the sun. I saw a few deer tracks nothing exciting. I also saw where a bear had done his thing "in the woods". My son saw some also in the area he was at-3-400 hundred yards away. I might put a stand up for a few days in this area. Nice oak and pine hammock. Anyways, it was a good day and thought I would share it. Stay warm!

treefarmer
Ordeal

Re: out in woods

Post by treefarmer » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:43 pm

That sounds like a good idea! Maybe ol' big boy will come by and you can give him a ride in the back of the truck.
Treefarmer

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:21 am

Ocala is a great area to hunt!

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by drgn4sr » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:39 am

I have hunted in Ocala since 1963. All over the forest from Hopkins Prairie to Lake Delancy to Fort Mcoy. Easy hunting as far as terrain goes. Never really had much luck, a few deer. But it is a great place to watch nature. From Eagles fighting over territory to mama bears scolding cubs, to foxes just having a great time with life. My favorite place to hunt was a lease up by Jasper, Crock was there too. Lots of pork on the plate from there.
But anyways, Ocala is a nice retreat for an ole' man like me still in good health. Not far away and best of all a familiar place. Good hunting to all and enjoys what nature provides.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:01 pm

Hunted there a few times, coyotes. Cant say i know it good enough to say its good. Some were there there.

Return to “THE CAMPFIRE”