Last chance to return quotas for reissue next month

Discuss all your Wilderness Management Areas here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Last chance to return quotas for reissue next month

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:40 pm

We know, Ted ....we know. Hence the reason it's being changed

Btw, this has been posted on every forum, every magazine, every newspaper, concerning hunting, and plastered on the website. Anyone wanna take bets on how long it will be before someone says they can't get on the website to print their permit/guest permit???
I am guessing a week
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:45 pm

You know the latest trick I heard? Copy your permit and send the original back the day before the hunt. Hunt with the copied permit and get preference points. Anyone do this?

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:39 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:We know, Ted ....we know. Hence the reason it's being changed

Btw, this has been posted on every forum, every magazine, every newspaper, concerning hunting, and plastered on the website. Anyone wanna take bets on how long it will be before someone says they can't get on the website to print their permit/guest permit???
I am guessing a week

Got to keep drilling it until we get something better. Never give up never surrender. As for getting the word out the state should of sent a letter to every person with a hunting license but or state is to stupid to understand not everyone uses the Internet. Really there way too stupid.
Yes fire them all.

deerhunter
scout

Post by deerhunter » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:02 pm

TerribleTed wrote:
Iluv2hunt wrote:We know, Ted ....we know. Hence the reason it's being changed

you are soo right terribleted...there is so much stupity an corruption in fwc that its not funny,,,whats up with the nwtf giving thousands of dollars to fwc for wma upgrades for turkeys when the fwc an swiftmud are burning every single year while the turkeys are nesting on eggs....gota get some guys in management that have a clue an get rid of the yoyo's just drawing a check...

I am guessing a week

Got to keep drilling it until we get something better. Never give up never surrender. As for getting the word out the state should of sent a letter to every person with a hunting license but or state is to stupid to understand not everyone uses the Internet. Really there way too stupid.
Yes fire them all.

Kortsman
Star Scout

Post by Kortsman » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:21 pm

Skunk Ape wrote:You know the latest trick I heard? Copy your permit and send the original back the day before the hunt. Hunt with the copied permit and get preference points. Anyone do this?
Yeah, till they kill something and then check it in. All their information is logged and eventually it will be cross checked with the returned permits. They'll get caught one day! Just another way to game the system.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:11 am

No gaming the old system was legal and was promoted by the FWC. Why do you think it was so wide spread- told you how to gave you instructions.

This would be like make forgeries of the permits should get you 5 years no hunting a record and fines

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:27 am

Especially a WMA whith one way in/out thru a check station. It will catch up with you
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Deadeye
scout

Post by Deadeye » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:25 am

Had several guys show up the last two days to get their guest permits. They were aware of the Sept 30th deadline. But I'll take that bet that someone will be complaining within the week that they didn't know.

From what I can see from the info given to us on the new system it should be much better. Different Printers and different Paper. The old printers ink was getting so bad you had to spin the wheel everytime you printed a license or you couldn't read it. The new ones will be ditigal heat printers and use no ink.

Also before if you had bought say a freshwater license and wanted to add a saltwater one, you got a new license printed causing to to carry two license. Some guys I've seen carry so many they can't find the one they are looking for. Under the new system when you add any license to what you currently have, it will be printed out showing all the licenses you have and you will only have one to carry.

The effective date to go to the new system is tomorrow Oct 2, 2012. I'll be working that day so I'll let you know what I think of the new system once I actually get to look at it.

tomahawk
scout

Post by tomahawk » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:47 pm

I forgot to add a friend as a guest on a hunt in 2 weeks and was pissed but tried it a few minutes ago and it still works.Tomorrow is the 2nd and will probably be shut down at midnight!

swissk31
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by swissk31 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Aren't the digital heat type receipts, the ones that fade away as they sit in your wallet?

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:39 am

I found the first person yesterday who had no clue. Went by a buddies house and were bs'ing. Said he needed to go online and see what hunts he got....
I laughed.

I told him about the whole vendor switch and the system being shut down for the entire month of October. He immediately went on a tirade about FWC. I abruptly stopped him and told him its not FWC fault that it took him two months of not checking his drawing online to see what they got. Been posted since July. He was complaining that he applied for a ml hunt in october. I sternly told him I pray that is a loop hole that they fix with the new vendor to keep guys like him from doing it. Should not be allowed for guys like him that do not own a ml and apply for ml permits (should have to have a ml stamp and archery stamp to apply for those hunts). He applies for archery hunts and ml hunts every year, owns neither, and only does it "because he can"....

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:23 am

This were your wrong it is the fwcs fault. First there incompetence at signing an contract that end during season.
Second Informing the public they did not do. I never received a letter about this.

But no they can not deny you applying or granting you and archery a Bp or a gun regardless of weather you have a permit for it. If so it time for a law suit against them.

Deadeye
scout

Post by Deadeye » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:32 pm

To apply for quota hunts on WMA's you must have a current Management Area Permit. At this point they do not require you to have a current license for the type of hunt you are applying for, IE Archery or ML or even Turkey I believe.

I can see both points, but it is just a waste of time and resources for someone to apply for a hunt that they never intend to use. Someone has to process the requests and someone that really would like to have one will lose out because someone did "just because they can".

Maybe they should require you have the license for the type of hunt you are applying for.

Deadeye
scout

Post by Deadeye » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:32 pm

By the way our system was down all day yesterday, don't know if it is up and running today or not.

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Last chance to return quotas for reissue next month

Post by DONY1 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:48 pm

I'm not sure about anyone else but I received an email from fwc reminding me of the shut down. And for at least the last month if you go on the limited entry hunt page there has been a yellow warning of the shut down. As far as them signing a contract during season goes, the system is used for more than just hunting permits and would be a huge problem no matter when it was done. I can't say that I'm happy with all of their decisions but just the fact that they are changing vendors makes me happy. And I believe that you should have all of the appropriate licenses to apply for permits. Think of all the tree huggers that apply just to stick it to us. At least this way we would benefit with their money going into the pot. And if someone wants to apply then get their money too if they're not going to go anyways. jmho

Return to “WMA FORUM”