Flagging revisited...LOL!!

Discuss all your Wilderness Management Areas here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

blackpowderscout
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Flagging revisited...LOL!!

Post by blackpowderscout » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Went and did some scouting for the winter Hog hunt at a local WMA and found this after walking about 100 yards down a well beaten Forest Road (with flags every 25-30 feet the whole way LOL!!!). I guess the guy figures this means this whole trail is his beyond this tape huh!! HAHA!! I hope he has me on camera as I went down to check things out. I HAD TO SEE what was behind this door... :clap

"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Want to learn more about Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

blackpowderscout

Re: Flagging revisited...LOL!!

Post by blackpowderscout » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:01 pm

Saw some hogs eating on the fiddler crabs (hint, hint) and a couple deer. We'll see how things unfold through archery, muzzleloader, and the family hunts this fall...

NRA Life
Want to learn more about Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:46 pm

maybe it's in brail, or he wanted to use the roll up. enough room to write a nice message to him with a sharpie. I'm gonna start carrying 1 just for that. also like the idea of moving the tape to the nearest sumac patch. if I use a marker it's a bright eye and app 2" of tape.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:33 pm

I am wma hunting in the morning. I got my spot marked, and used about 2/3 of a roll of tape. I dont usually flag but i had no choice here. Its over 1000 yards from the road and i have to cut thru a 5 year old myrtle thicket for about 900 of it. I'll be needin a beer by the time i get in there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Kortsman
Star Scout

Post by Kortsman » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:48 pm

Just think of the drag out if you kill something... It'll be worth it though!!! Knock their d in the dirt!

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:07 pm

with all that hi-tech gps/sattelite electronic stuff, you can't get scotty to beam you in there?
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:24 pm

If some ding dongs hadn't put ladder stands right where i got to walk in i could have taken tje short path in. Its only about 700 yards that way....and wet

Sent from my DROID RAZR
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

blackpowderscout

Post by blackpowderscout » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:50 pm

I honestly don't mind marking a "trail" through the middle of no where swamp or forest. But WHY, WHY!! Do folks feel they MUST mark a mowed trail every 23 yrds or so? Even in the dark, YOUR ON A TRAIL KNUCKLEHEAD! You can't get lost!

NRA Life

swissk31
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by swissk31 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:58 pm

My all time favorite "flaggers gone wild" was a service road marked on both sides with tape marked 3 hunters, muzzleloader, please don't disturb. Really?

wingshooter
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by wingshooter » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:50 pm

i like trail tape
Member of the Florida Road Hunting Gang...No License, No Season, No Limit !!!!!

tomahawk
scout

Post by tomahawk » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:58 am

Many people use it to claim an area and run you off.If this is thr area I hunt every year he might as well make some room.I will sit in a stand right beside em if is on top of me.Many times I tear the tape down if it is covered in tape.That person is mainly trying to claim an area.Small amount of tape going through a thick I leave put as it generally is leading to someones stand that needs a little help in the dark.

hunter1005
scout

Post by hunter1005 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:51 pm

That is a joke.

OldCrab
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by OldCrab » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:34 pm

tomahawk wrote:Many people use it to claim an area and run you off.If this is thr area I hunt every year he might as well make some room.I will sit in a stand right beside em if is on top of me.Many times I tear the tape down if it is covered in tape.That person is mainly trying to claim an area.Small amount of tape going through a thick I leave put as it generally is leading to someones stand that needs a little help in the dark.
:rockon
Calling illegal aliens “undocumented workers” is like calling drug dealers “unlicensed pharmacists”…

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Return to “WMA FORUM”