citrus wma deer

Discuss all your Wilderness Management Areas here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

1jody256
scout

Re: citrus wma deer

Post by 1jody256 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:50 pm

oct. thru feb. take a pick!

Glenn
scout

Post by Glenn » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:53 pm

Saw a Spike this morning around Noon while looking around but he only had one horn that might have been 5" and the other was 3". Don't need the meat that bad so hopefully he will make it a year and grow.

Had even more people where I was this morning and saw nothing. About 8:30am just as it was getting perfect some guy comes walking by and then walks right through the middle of where the deer usually come from. :nono

born2hunt
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by born2hunt » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:49 pm

hunter1005 wrote:Every spot I had picked out all had many trucks and cars.

Now I am out scouting some new out of the way spots.
Sounds typical for out there...
I didnt know there were such places ;) . Im headed up Thursday night to hunt the weekend, the crowd is normally smaller the second weekend so we shall see !!!

jtcmedic
Troop Guide

Post by jtcmedic » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:31 pm

Going to be there for 2nd muzzle in dec will be camping in holder mine
DUTY, PRIDE, TRADITION

hunter1005
scout

Post by hunter1005 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:16 pm

those places do exist. Went out this morning, of course trucks everywhere. Primary, secondary and 3 rd spot taken. So found an alternate where nobody has been and the good part was there was no trash in the woods as compared to the other places I was at.

Got to the area I wanted and just about to start setting up the sticks and a deer snorts 60 yrds away. Then get up in the tree 30 minutes later and another snort a little closer this time. That wind was shifting this morning. I will take that meaning there are deer around. I was getting frustrated not even seeing a squirrel.

Today after the snorts, saw a couple of squirrels and 3 turkeys. At least they gave me something to watch.

1jody256
scout

Post by 1jody256 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:11 pm

had to take my grandson over to clermont this morning.know what you mean about the trash,seems as a lot of guys do not care.you must be hunting the southern end?well i will be in a tree in the a.m. for sure.

hunter1005
scout

Post by hunter1005 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:23 pm

Postby 1jody256 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:11 pm
had to take my grandson over to clermont this morning.know what you mean about the trash,seems as a lot of guys do not care.you must be hunting the southern end?well i will be in a tree in the a.m. for sure.

1jody256

Northern blocks or southern blocks your right, a lot of people just do not care. Even when I'm out pre scouting in the spring time, I find water bottles, beer cans and piles of spent shotgun shells. Then we get to the tape that was not removed after the season. I usually end up with a pocket full of tape.

born2hunt
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by born2hunt » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:30 pm

The bad thing is that hunters get the blame for it all. I know some hunters are sorry but alot of it is from random scum bags due to the place being so open to public use.

1jody256
scout

Post by 1jody256 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:24 pm

know what your talking about,seen the jeep clubs stop at a place,then leave andwater bottles ,beer cans,etc.,etc.,any way nothing was moving this morning,except skeeters!

Glenn
scout

Post by Glenn » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:55 am

Anyone know what the count was at the check station? I have not been by there to see for myself. Just curious...

karlyk
scout

Post by karlyk » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:11 am

as of sunday i was told 6.

hunter1005
scout

Post by hunter1005 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:03 pm

last year during the first week they only harvested 10 deer. Looks to be on track this year as last.

trouttouter
Troop Guide

Post by trouttouter » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:32 pm

Hey, guys. I was one of the airheads that got absolutely soaked Saturday. I passed up a small 4 point Saturday evening and my cousin took another 4 point, which weighed in at 100 lbs. He was the only buck checked Saturday. When I left Tuesday (yesterday) there were only 6 bucks checked in. The wind was interesting to say the least. Swirling all over the darn place. I did see deer, but the bucks on the cameras we had out were long gone. I am guessing they went nocturnal and pushed back into the thick stuff. I sat for 8-9 hours each day and didn't see one deer from the cameras. I'll be back for muzzle loader and hope some of the pressure will have eased off by then... I predict Glenn lays one down...

hunter1005
scout

Post by hunter1005 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:30 pm

trouttouter,

Since some of us did not even see a deer this weekend, when do we get to see the bucks you have on camera ?

Glenn
scout

Post by Glenn » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:16 am

trouttouter wrote:Hey, guys. I was one of the airheads that got absolutely soaked Saturday. I passed up a small 4 point Saturday evening and my cousin took another 4 point, which weighed in at 100 lbs. He was the only buck checked Saturday. When I left Tuesday (yesterday) there were only 6 bucks checked in. The wind was interesting to say the least. Swirling all over the darn place. I did see deer, but the bucks on the cameras we had out were long gone. I am guessing they went nocturnal and pushed back into the thick stuff. I sat for 8-9 hours each day and didn't see one deer from the cameras. I'll be back for muzzle loader and hope some of the pressure will have eased off by then... I predict Glenn lays one down...
HA! I predict another weekend full of hunters chasing ghost deer!

I drove past the check station yesterday evening and they added one more to the board. So 7 deer checked in out of how many hunter hours this weekend? I'm sure a few never made it to the check station and went straight to the house instead. I scouted some areas Sunday afternoon north of Stage Coach and was hard pressed to even find a track!

Either way Trouttouter thanks for the emailed update and I sent one back to you.

Return to “WMA FORUM”