Camp Blanding

Discuss all your Wilderness Management Areas here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

blackpowderscout
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Camp Blanding

Post by blackpowderscout » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:04 pm

Went at lunch over to the still hunt check station to see what was going on the final day of the quota hunts.

There were 3 deer there taken by a real friendly group of guys. A father, son, and their friend I think. I only saw 2 as one was already in the cooler but 1 was a REAALLY nice 9 point! I think the guy said it was his first! The luck of some guys! LOL.

I'll be sitting out there just about every day from now on since the quota hunts are over. More than likely every evening after work since the office is right down the road from the check station (Did I mention I love working here?).

Saw a deer on the way home today too in the dog hunt side. I think it was the doe I usually see in that area very regularly. If so, that old girl somehow made it through the chaos of the past few weeks and didn't move at all. Just helps show that dog hunting doesn't really ruin an area. They hit that place HARD this year just like always and from what I heard it was a good year as usual.

I'm giddy to finally be able to get out after something besides tree rats!
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Want to learn more about Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

Return to “WMA FORUM”