Fisheating creek west

Discuss all your Wilderness Management Areas here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

tomahawk
scout

Fisheating creek west

Post by tomahawk » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:43 pm

I have a youth hunt feb 23-24 for fec. Never been there and will be trying to get a kid a bird!I went there today and got there at 5:30a wanting to go in woods a ways and listen!Well,the concessionare didnt even open until 9am.Then the 1st lady i talked with wasnt the friendliest but finally ended up talking with manager who was really nice and helpful.I was explaining to her about never been there and wanted to see what all I needed to be prepared and ready for hunt next weekend so i didnt waste one of the only two days of hunt!while waiting til 9am the rain came in on me.I managed to find a hike trail past tennis courts and took it to creek and headed north a mile or two.Tried to shock a bird in the light rain and also did a few cutts to shock one but nothing!I was a little disappointed not hearing a bird a gobble or two but hope the place has birds.The creek is at .82 or a foot deep.Shallow.....If a canoe would have to get out 50% of time to drag across land to next patch water.If anyone has any tips that might want to share to help this child with a bird I would apprciate it greatly!Thank you in advance and good luck hunting!Pm me if you have any pointers please.

Return to “WMA FORUM”