Quotas are coming

Discuss all your Wilderness Management Areas here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

john l
Assistant Scout Master

Quotas are coming

Post by john l » Sun May 31, 2009 1:47 pm

Time to decide were to apply for. This year I'm cutting the Everglades out of my routine. I'll miss the great friends I hunted with down there but time to move along. I made a spread sheet of places and dates to help me decide my next season. Man i have an addiction!!!!!! I try to schedule my season to get the most time in the woods as possible. No wonder I'm single. :lol: So have you guys figured out were your hunting yet? Any new places on your mind? Maybe we can help each other out with some info. I'm thinking about trying Crew for a hunt any info?

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun May 31, 2009 1:52 pm

The WMA I hunt has walk on permits for ML and General gun, so I am going to apply a lot different than in years past. I am going to apply for some quality places this year. If I get them great, if not I really want the preference points for next year anyway. I have my worksheets printed, choices circled, and on my desk to key in when I get done working tomorrow

john l
Assistant Scout Master

Post by john l » Sun May 31, 2009 1:53 pm

We need to get together this season and do some hunting!

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun May 31, 2009 1:56 pm

If you want to make a road trip in Bow season, I can put you on deer. The rest is up to you ;-)

john l
Assistant Scout Master

Post by john l » Sun May 31, 2009 1:58 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:If you want to make a road trip in Bow season, I can put you on deer. The rest is up to you ;-)
I was gonna say the same my friend. :grin: you applying for any archery hunts?

BigE
scout

Post by BigE » Sun May 31, 2009 1:59 pm

Well I have gotten as far as making a short list for each of the 4 apps,,,,,,,,,,,,

I have a list of possibles that I am still widdling down. For archery I am tossing round different hunts at BullCreek, Tosohatchee, Rock Springs Run, and Richloam Baird to put as my 5. I really liked what I saw of Richloam Baird when i went for hog last January. Place is beautiful

For ML, tossing round BullCreek, Richloam Baird , Rock Springs Run and Toso again. Also Lake Marion Creek, Hilochee, and 3 Lakes Praire lakes Unit

For General Gun same places on the short list as ML

Then finally Hog hunts,,,,,,,,,,, Richloam Baird, 3 Lakes PLU, Hilochee and Hilochee osprey unit , Lake Marion Creek and Triple N,

Just gotta get my final picks made to submit in the a.m.

john l
Assistant Scout Master

Post by john l » Sun May 31, 2009 2:05 pm

Never hunted any of those places :cry: I forgot all about the hog hunts. Are there only certain places doing those hunts???? Most the places I hunt hogs can be taken in all seasons including small game.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun May 31, 2009 2:12 pm

There are several places that are offering hog only hunts. A lot of them are later in the season too ;-)

john l
Assistant Scout Master

Post by john l » Sun May 31, 2009 2:16 pm

Is their a list of such places?

BigE
scout

Post by BigE » Sun May 31, 2009 2:37 pm

yea, just go to the fwc site and check the quota worksheets,,, you got ones for archery, another for ml, gen gun and one for hog, they have the hunts listed, do just like you do your others,.
alot of the hunts are after deer season, and/or are on areas that you cant get on to hunt them otherwise, such as Triple N Ranch, which is otherwise only a special opp hunting area, that costs $175 for each deer/hog hunt normally

john l
Assistant Scout Master

Post by john l » Sun May 31, 2009 2:44 pm

Are you talking about the individual worksheets for each WMA? I don't have the patients for that :lol: Or is there a list of just the hog hunts?

BigE
scout

Post by BigE » Sun May 31, 2009 2:48 pm

no the quota lists,,,,,, you know how there is one for the archery hunts and so on?, there is one for hog hunts, gives you the hunts and the numbers you apply with

BigE
scout

Post by BigE » Sun May 31, 2009 2:51 pm

http://myfwc.com/License/Hunt_Quota_Lim ... sheets.htm

click on the link on that page that says
Quota - Wild Hog Worksheet

that will give you the different hunts and numbers,,,,, just apply like you do the other quotas

john l
Assistant Scout Master

Post by john l » Sun May 31, 2009 2:55 pm

Thanks, I couldn't find it. I think they changed the site again. I'm lost again :lol:

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Sun May 31, 2009 3:00 pm

john l wrote:Thanks, I couldn't find it. I think they changed the site again. I'm lost again :lol:
Are we going to try and hit the one you were telling me about on River road? That was hog only right.
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Return to “WMA FORUM”