headed to myakka sga the 9th and 10th

Discuss all your Wilderness Management Areas here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Star Scout

headed to myakka sga the 9th and 10th

Post by 30.06 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:26 pm

i am gonna head down to myakka sat and hunt the whole day i hope, and head back and hunt sun morning as long as i can till i am ready to head home. i try to make it down there at least once a season, and right now my grandfather is in the hospital and i dont have to worry all day if he is ok or if anyone is checking on him. been 3 years since i could hunt a full day, or weekend, if i had the money i would have run up to tide swamp or ocala.
OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: headed to myakka sga the 9th and 10th

Post by houseofmicah » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:38 pm

good luck! you deserve some time out in the woods. is it gen gun in there now or still archery?

Star Scout

Re: headed to myakka sga the 9th and 10th

Post by 30.06 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:59 pm

they dont have a gen gun hunt there, houseofmicah, but they do have a muzzleloading season that runs through the 8th, and a small game shotgun season that starts the 9th and then stops and starts back up again. no deer hunting allowed there, but i did not put in for any quotas this year and so instead of sitting around waiting for open season in green swamp, i figure i will go see if i can find some hogs, rabbits or quail. i usually try to make it down there during 2nd phase of dove season because it has good numbers of birds for a wma, but going early this year.
OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS

Return to “WMA FORUM”