Rock Springs Run 2014/15

Discuss all your Wilderness Management Areas here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Titan
scout

Rock Springs Run 2014/15

Post by Titan » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:44 pm

I drew general gun and muzzle loader permits for Rock Springs Run this year. I hunted there two other times in the last 5 years but never had any luck. I do plan on scouting it again this year but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they knew statistically speaking what areas of the property had higher success rates. By no means am I asking for anyones sweet spots or favorite spots. Just a friendly point in the right direction. I will be hunting with my father and we will be looking for white tails and hog. Thanks for any advise that you can give me.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Rock Springs Run 2014/15

Post by TerribleTed » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:57 pm

Never went for hogs there but I have shot bucks from the front all the way to the back. Find the food find the deer. Get in the swamps off the trails. to scout the back
take a boat to the campsite off buffalo tram the end on the river and ride your bike in.

Titan
scout

Post by Titan » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:18 pm

Thanks Ted. A boat to the end of buffalo sounds like a good idea. I'll have more time this year for scouting so I'll find a good spot. Thanks again. Good luck this year.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:32 pm

I seen and taken some good bucks down there. the parking area at the east end. the cut use to be clear easy walk north from the parking not now its thick.
Oh there bears every were but i never had a problem.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:40 am

Problem may not be the right word. We did once lose a doe to a bear. The problem was we left the cart and had to barrow one took to long to get her out. we were about a mile north of the parking area

Return to “WMA FORUM”